Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Mine is 6.5

I have posted on another thread asking for advice on how to reduce my morning reading which is always at least 6.2

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise

Hi all,
I have just started to monitor my blood glucose via a Contour XT device. Last night I had 1 round of toast and a cup of mint tea at 9:30. I took my measurement this morning at 9am after 2 cups of coffee ( just give me the coffee and no-one has to get hurt :lol: ) and it showed 9.1 I take it that this is my blood glucose reading. Is this too high ? Any suggestions on how to reduce it ? Also, is this the best time to test ? It wasn't, in my mind a fasting blood glucose because this is my normal routine. I rarely eat a breakfast, just coffee, until lunch time.

I have type 2 diabetes and control it by metformin ( 4 x 500 mg ) and diet and I have been of the drink for 3 weeks.

Cheers,
Colum

annew

Best ever, 4.5. Had moussaka for supper - included 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in recipe, coincidence or not? Have been thinking about experimenting with cinnamon -will def. have to try now!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

6.8 on waking -

Yesterday I ate bacon and eggs, cream, mushrooms, tomatoes, strawbs and cream, Marmite Cheddar Bite, tuna, 3 Hovis Crackers, coffee and cream, 2 mini Crunchies.

I haven't eaten bacon for years because of the yuk in it but I wanted to try it out and see what my BG would be and whether it filled me or not. It was OK so I'll hunt around for some really nice bacon or get myself some Boczek if I can find it in Morrisons.

Now I'm dreaming about one of those juicy fatty ready cooked ham shanks I saw in the butchers last week and maybe a sheet of bacon ribs - I could eat a whole sheet of them to myself no problem. :D

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

6.1 for me, but didn't wake up until 9.30...

That's pretty good for me, but I am never over 7 in the morning. 14 day average now 6.2, including post-prandial.

Colum, you may want to make your post the start of a new thread, you will hopefully then get some answers from some of the excellent helpful people on here.

irish-colt

Dislikes

Hi,
Did my BG reading at 9:15 this morning BEFORE my coffee, got a reading of 8.1 :?: I wonder if the coffee starts a bit of a sugar spike ? Anyway, gonna continue to do this at the same time every morning. Still going to keep of the drink and watch the amount of food I'm taking on board.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

5.9 fast and 8.3 two hours after meal.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

5.6 this morning

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

6.5,didn't get up until 08:00.After breakfast 6.6.Ate 2 boiled eggs,cheese and 4 pickled onions.

irish-colt

Dislikes

Hi all,
Did my BG this morning again before my coffee and I was surprised that it came back as 7.4. More so as I had a really bad night and ended up taking painkillers and diazapam for pain relief. Going to wait until after my morning cup of resurrection fuel tomorrow. Keeping to the "diet" as such. i.e no booze and smaller portions and only a cup of tea and 1 slice of toast at 9:30 before bed. Bloody starving sometimes by then, but with taking less and less food it takes very little to make me feel full. Just wish I stopped feeling so ill all the time, but can't really blame the Diabetes on that. :sick:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

7.2 this morning, higher than yesterday but I did eat a packet of crisps and some chocolate around 9pm last night so not bad considering.

Haven't eaten much today, just 4 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs, 2 tomatoes for brekkie and cheese and ryvita later. Think I'm going to have to knock the Ryvita in the head too because I've noticed after eating it that I feel a bit dizzy and jittery and my mouth starts tingling and I get a bit shaky and feel hungry.

I'm thinking more and more that I have some kind of wheat/grain allergy because I rarely get that feeling when I stick only to protein and fats and a bit of fruit. It's definitely the grain foods that give me that reaction. I've just tested my BG an hour after the crackers and cheese and it's 6.4 which isn't bad at all, yet I don't actually feel very good at all after eating the Ryvita. So that's been crossed off my shopping list now.

bal

Dislikes
Bad speling.

greyposter said:
6.5,didn't get up until 08:00.After breakfast 6.6.Ate 2 boiled eggs,cheese and 4 pickled onions.

Remind me to stay upwind of you :lol:

irish-colt

Dislikes

Hi all,
Hope you are all looking forward to the challenge that the new week brings :D . Took my BG at 8:30, about 45 mins after my wake up juice, and got a small rise on yesterday's reading. Up to 7.9 Ah well, just have to try harder today. Going to start one of our other forum's contributor's version of the Atkins Diet, see if I can shed some of this weight.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

6.3 at 07:30

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

irish-colt said:
Hi all,
Hope you are all looking forward to the challenge that the new week brings :D . Took my BG at 8:30, about 45 mins after my wake up juice, and got a small rise on yesterday's reading. Up to 7.9 Ah well, just have to try harder today. Going to start one of our other forum's contributor's version of the Atkins Diet, see if I can shed some of this weight.

If that's my (Viv's) Modified Atkins Diet, feel free to PM me with any questions :D . It works for me.

I take my fasting BG as soon as I get up, on the way to the kitchen for my coffee. I was 5.1 this morning. I've had a very naughty week, what with my birthday and so on, but I'm back on the straight-and-narrow now. Just have to keep off the red wine :crazy:

Viv 8)

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Status
Not open for further replies.