Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is 4.3 low as I was told for a diabetic it should be around 7.0?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

For a T2, it's fine. I'm usually around there. I'm guessing if you've been told around 7, that'll be an initial target. Initially, just establishing a downward trend is the main thing.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 4.1 for me this morning.

Yesterday was a peculiar day, with rising levels through the day, up to 5.3, after a very benign and trusted dinner. I think I might have been a tiny bit off colour, because yesterday afternoon, for the first time, it all felt a bit overwhelming, and that's just not me. I had planned to try a few oven chips with my lemon pepper chicken and salad, but chickened out. I think if my scores had been poor, I might have thrown a wobbly.

Oh well. Today is a whole new day, with some reintroduction papaya for breakfast. It was delicious, and fresh from our neighbours' garden. How lucky are we? :D

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.8 this morning.

We ate late last night, at a party, so was pleasantly surprised by postprandial readings last night and on fasting this morning. I'll put it down to lots of standing and mingling. Average age must have been high 60s, but boy did they know how to party. I was the spring chicken (OK! So it's all relative), but also the one flagging after a few hours.

Karaoke? Perhaps not,their finest hour. :headphone: That said; I could never, in a month of Sundays be persuaded to do that. I respect their (Dutch?) courage.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 on waking and 4.3 2 hours after breakfast. Somewhat surprised by the 2 hour reading but very happy with it.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
3.8 this morning.

Noooooo..... too low I would be cold in bed and would just have to snuggle up to stay warm.

Went to bed on 4.9 and woke to 4.8 this morning

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's not much chance of being too cold here....... 25-27c, day and night.

:D

ricardoharrison

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rascism / Fascism / Negativity
My morning levels are usually around 7 ish. Bit disappointing, after an initial fasting blood test of 16.5, tablets, running and diet have brought it down to an average of 5-6.5 through the day and evening. Just can't get the initial morning reading down!!!!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stick with it Ricardo. I,found my fasting level was the last to come into shape.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning, after an evening breakfast last night. I had both,sausage and beans for the first time since diagnosis. I was completely underwhelmed. The sausage, which claimed to be leek and garlic was "a study in blandness" (that's a direct quote from my OH), and the standard Heinz beans tasted too sweet.

Bloods after sausage, bacon, egg and beans were 4.2. That was the best, and slightly unexpected bit.

Oh well. Another day in Paradise........

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.5 this morning, which is a record for me :)

It was quite late (10.30) after a late dinner last night (chili con carne, more veg than beans now). I wonder if that's a factor, giving the dawn phenomenon a chance to recede?

Emmy-Lou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got up late today at 1pm... I'm about to take my blood sugar before breakfast at 1:25pm the latest time in the day that I've taken it...

My blood sugar was 16.0....

Roughly the same as it has been the last 8 days... My DN said that it would take a while to come down...

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've got up late today at 1pm... I'm about to take my blood sugar before breakfast at 1:25pm the latest time in the day that I've taken it...

My blood sugar was 16.0....

Roughly the same as it has been the last 8 days... My DN said that it would take a while to come down...

Oh what a lie in :) Yes your DN is correct although I have no knowledge of how fast as at the time I wasn't testing. It probably depends on so many factors as well so keep it going and you will get there.

Emmy-Lou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh what a lie in :) Yes your DN is correct although I have no knowledge of how fast as at the time I wasn't testing. It probably depends on so many factors as well so keep it going and you will get there.

I know am I'm being a right lazy bum today... I do love my lie-ins when I can get them... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.