Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A wonderful 5.0 on going to bed last night despite a slice of garlic bread and 6 chips with late evening meal. :)
5.4 this morning. Happy bunny. :)

Reactions: 7 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me this morning, so in range for me.

We have just agreed to have a day of doing precisely nothing today. We were both absolutely shattered last night and were so pleased our meal was delicious when it arrived. We ate, then slept like the innocent.

So, today will be a bit of swimming or snorkelling, followed by a visit to the Boulangerie, which is mandatory here, as it is so good and I can even see it from where we are anchored. Mr Breathe will have a half stick with his cheese, at lunch, and then we have both been debating a treat. The last several times we have been here there have been chocolate Eclairs with my name on them, which I elected to ignore. I may not do that today, although, right now,I wouldn't be too bothered. That said, it is still 07:40 here, so a little early to be dreaming of cakes. Well, for normal people that it. :happy:

We'll doubtless take in the World Cup final, this afternoon, then kick back before a dawn start again tomorrow morning.
Why not just eat the bottom half of the eclair? With the cream of course. If you have some dark chocolate you could grate it over or melt it and stick on a second bottom half!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why not just eat the bottom half of the eclair? With the cream of course. If you have some dark chocolate you could grate it over or melt it and stick on a second bottom half!!

I'm actually not afraid of it as such, and, particularly in this setting, wouldn't be meddling with it. I'll either eat it, or pass. I sometimes wonder if I'm thinking about it acquisitive lay because in my old world, I would have eaten it, almost because with this particular place, it's legendary. I don't crave sweet things any more, and never had an exceptionally sweet tooth. For example, after last night's dinner the maître d' brought us some local liqueurs; it was a sort of creole Bailey's, which. I could only put to my lips, it was so outrageously sweet. My OH had to have both, which he found well over the top, but he slept well. ;)

Oh, oh, oh, and forgot to mention yesterday on our sail down we encountered a pod of massive dolphins porpoising in parallel with us. They weren't in our bow wave, as they often are, but just a bit off. They were so large we debated if they were small whales. Whales are fairly common here, but in my heart if reacts, although I would have loved them to have been whales, I think they just weren't big enough. I'm yet to see a whale on a voyage, so that's a box still to tick.

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 but no surprise as it's stress city here. May as well have had the ice cream :(

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, oh, oh, and forgot to mention yesterday on our sail down we encountered a pod of massive dolphins porpoising in parallel with us. They weren't in our bow wave, as they often are, but just a bit off. They were so large we debated if they were small whales. Whales are fairly common here, but in my heart if reacts, although I would have loved them to have been whales, I think they just weren't big enough. I'm yet to see a whale on a voyage, so that's a box still to tick.

How wonderful - did you take a photo? Shame if you didn't as someone may have identified them for you.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How wonderful - did you take a photo? Shame if you didn't as someone may have identified them for you.
Whilst i have taken pics, their skins were so dark (one of the things made me think whales), against the dark, deep ocean that they dont show up too well.

Of course, i have ;lots of pics and video of dolphins in the bow wave, but they always seem to have some mad woman screeching and making no sense as audio. That person is either insane or over excitable.

Ahem.

Reactions: 2 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! 5.8 this morning! Continuing to trend downward.

Just making breakfast. Sautéed some mushroom, onions, red bell pepper, with a bit of garlic and a huge bunch of spinach in some butter. Added 3 eggs beaten with some ground black pepper and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Smells out of this world

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 for me at 2.50 this morning. I had to get up early as eldest son needs to be at school for 3.45. This is roughly the same fasting bg as normal so there doesn't appear to be any DP. I don't like being up this early and feel I may need a nap or two later!

Rory lad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 this morning.

Cold, windy and wet. Looks like a day on the couch with a good book as venturing out would be insane. Dogs are happy to doze in front of the fire.

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3........went to bed 5.7 and my highest yesterday was 6.3 2hrs after eating!! Seems to be settled into that pattern as all last week was similar, lchf DOES work - take note NICE !!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Still in stressville

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Back home yesterday evening after lousy trip back from Africa, test kit was in hold baggage so couldn't tell what impact the overnight flight had but I can hazard a guess ...

All was OK as far as the airport in Abidjan, plenty of time (need to get off the rural roads before dark) and a decent waiter-served restaurant where I had a chicken kebab with salad and pepper sauce. Then the flight was delayed 2 hours because of a 'technical problem' earlier on its route via Monrovia - flickering cabin lights or something - and we didn't leave until 1:30 in the morning. This meant that we missed our quick connection in Brussels and had to wait there another 6 hours for an available flight to Heathrow. So instead of getting home around lunchtime it was about 9pm. Quick dinner because I've just had my next blood tests this morning (brilliant timing) when I would have liked to stay in bed having had barely 3 hours sleep between 5 on Saturday morning and 11 last night.

5.5 before eating last night, went to bed exhausted on 7.6 and got up to 6.5 (fasting so no breakfast, liver out of sorts again) and 6.8 on my meter just after the blood tests.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no!!!

Good luck for tests.

Welcome home xx

campbellr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic being non mobile and in wheelchair !!
Hello All,

Hope you are all well and fitting fit. :D

I have seen the thread in fasting blood glucose, but was wondering what they are for only Type 2's.

Mine are between 4.5 and 6.0 depending on what I have eaten / drunk the night before.

Cheers
SImply_h
This morning 10.4 2 hours after woke up before a drink etc and I had done a hours light gardening, sitting down as non mobile Charcot foot ! Only after 4 Hours sleep foot pain
Type 2 since early 2013 Insulin novarapin, levemire, metformin, stigliptin

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Campbellr and welcome.

Have you tried taking a reading immediately on getting up - before anything else? Your sitting-down gardening and general moving about during that 2 hours will have had some affect on your levels, plus a possible liver glucose dump as your body would have been needing food.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.