Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.7 post dinner @ 1hour and NOT happy. Pavement will wear the punishment .. again.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 post dinner @ 1hour and NOT happy. Pavement will wear the punishment .. again.

5.7 @ 1hr is a perfectly acceptable figure unless you have eaten something you know will be rising at that point. I think exercise is great after dinner but cut yourself some slack. Stress doesn't help BP or BS levels.

Reactions: 3 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
5.7 @ 1hr is a perfectly acceptable figure unless you have eaten something you know will be rising at that point. I think exercise is great after dinner but cut yourself some slack. Stress doesn't help BP or BS levels.

I know CE ... believe me, I know. 5.7 is a great figure for me and the stress is almost gone entirely. NOW, i'm on a mission to get rid of aches and pains thru lack of stretching given exercise is restricted to lots of walking. Stopped taking BP meds 4 days ago (without GP advice) as I just KNOW they were not doing me any good at all. Brain fog has gone, getting more determined and want to drop cholesterol meds too as my figures are perfect.

Take Care Mike :)

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.6 after a few decadent chaotic and unrestricted days and nights...2 more days then back to mission control.

Evelemon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The instruction from my diabetic nurse is anything between 4 and 7 before eating is ok and after must be below 8.5. Does this sound right. Reading the last few posts I should not be happy with my morning reading of 6.2 (after heavy day yesterday)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know CE ... believe me, I know. 5.7 is a great figure for me and the stress is almost gone entirely. NOW, i'm on a mission to get rid of aches and pains thru lack of stretching given exercise is restricted to lots of walking. Stopped taking BP meds 4 days ago (without GP advice) as I just KNOW they were not doing me any good at all. Brain fog has gone, getting more determined and want to drop cholesterol meds too as my figures are perfect.

Take Care Mike :)

Could be the statins co giving you the aches and pains. I'd be inclined to see GP before dropping BP meds or at least mention it to them - maybe a reduced dose would be a good halfway house?

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
The instruction from my diabetic nurse is anything between 4 and 7 before eating is ok and after must be below 8.5. Does this sound right. Reading the last few posts I should not be happy with my morning reading of 6.2 (after heavy day yesterday)

We're all at different stages in our marathon here, so you should be comparing your numbers with your own situation not with those of others (although we do thrive on a bit of incentive and competition ;)). There's nothing wrong with 6.2. I was 6.0 this morning but I had a big protein-rich meal last night and I've been neglecting my post-meal exercise recently.

BS of 4-7 before eating and 8.5 at 2 hours is standard NICE guidance for T2s. For non-diabetics it is 5.9 or less for preprandial and 7.8 at 2 hours. Many aim for lower than that (personally I get annoyed if my preprandial is more than 5.5 and my 2 hour more than 6.9).

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
7.2 this morning had a cup of tea two rounds of toast and 3 digestive biscuits

:eek: did you measure after eating that? I'd be through the roof with a breakfast like that!

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
woo...no sub-zero this morning, warming up. 6.9 mmol/l pre brekkie so not so bad for me !

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Could be the statins co giving you the aches and pains. I'd be inclined to see GP before dropping BP meds or at least mention it to them - maybe a reduced dose would be a good halfway house?

Dunno CE ..... just not sure but ever since I dropped the BP pills, I feel (oddly) way more relaxed and in control. :) He put me on a heavier dose last week (still on tablet per day) and I hated them from day #1. Mind issue? I dunno but I'll tell him next week.

As for the statins, Jack suggests I don't (for good reasons I might add) but I need to divorce T2 from the aches and associated pains I get when I'm not working the body as I did a few months back, walking exercise notwithstanding; I.e. more stretches, more twists of head, sides, neck, feet and keep going. Thanks for your care :) Again :)

Mike

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 this morning - and 10.2 before breakfast :(

The 8.1 was because I was extremely bad last night and my friend and I drank nearly a whole bottle of baileys... I wouldn't mind but I dont actually like it lol....

Reactions: 8 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Oh dear, my naughtiness has caught up with me 6.2.

Only 2 more days then fully back to what is now my normal food intake.

Good day to you all
Oh well not too bad, 2 hours after breakfast (Non Low Carb) 2 x buttered crumpets 6.7

Could my body be getting used to a few extra carbs.

We shall see.

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My nurse in Lewisham SE London said exactly the same to me in September

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
S

Sable_Jan

6.4 this morning. I have decided to give up seeing the dietician, all I get is the eat more carbs lecture. She wants me to eat 200g a day!!!!!! Man my readings would be at 10 if I did that consistently. I am sticking with my under 40g a day for the moment. Instead yesterday I bought some scales, so I can check my weight loss as we go. I promised my husband I will only weigh once a day........I get a bit obsessive with the scales. Just like the low carbs.

It has stopped raining here in Brisbane, Australia and the sun is shining bright.........the humidity is unbearable, airconditioning on.....sorry freezing people.:cool:
Just weigh once a week. Daily fluctuations inevitable with food and drink input and output ;)
The sun is shining here too tho must admit is the heating I have on, its around 5 degrees C outside.....

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.1 this morning..... Still on holidays, so continued late night snacks....etc... Should drop when I return to work next week and stop my late nights. Speaking of drops, temperature last night was -29C, with a -37C windchill.

We got up to minus -21C as our high in the afternoon. I ventured outside with my camera armed with a bottle of my kids soap bubbles...... Result...... Frozen bubbles..... Kinda cool when they hold their form after semi-bursting.....

16141662485_814fd27ea1_b.jpg

15521868923_ac39f11309_b.jpg
Wow that's COLD. My 5 degrees is positively balmy ;) Amazing photos though.

Reactions: 5 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Welcome to the madhouse, in my opinion 8.5 would appear to be a little higher than I personally would want to see on a regular basis, we all have different tolerances and our bodies react differently as well, my personal goal is to keep ALL reading in the Non Diabetic ranges, this means post meal reading below 7.8 as I understand things.

However that is my personal goal and I am not a medical person, you will find on here we all have different approaches and goals but are all fighting the same battle with 2.

Good luck with your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.