Type II Menu for non weight loss

Jerrez57

I'm looking for advice on menus that don't include weight loss. I can understand why so many are weight loss related but I've already lost about 5 kg (now 69 kg) with almost no effect on my blood sugar levels so looking for better control without the weight loss. Thinking more nuts and avacado's but any advice welcome - Regards Jeremy

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Low carb will help reduce your numbers. As a T2 we can't deal with carbohydrates. To avoid weight loss you need to up the fats and proteins.

There are menu suggestions on dietdoctor.com.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely try an LCHF diet. As T2 diabetics we tend to be carbohydrate intolerant, so by eating this way we're managing glucose levels by cutting right down on our carbohydrate consumption. It isn't specifically a weight loss diet though it can be used as such, but to maintain weight you'll basically need to replace reduced carbs with enough fats and oils as your main fuel source to keep your weight stable - you'll lose weight if your body has to use stored body fats to make up any energy deficits.

I lost weight early on low carbing but have maintained a stable weight now for about six years.