Type1. Can someone please explain Carbs in Protein and how they work?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Most of us who have taken part are on insulin even if T2. A lot of the fascinating discussions seem to have been relevant to both. I think it's educational for all flavours of diabetics to be able to discuss common issues.

I was a T2 NOT on insulin and to keep my BG steady and the same I need to eat exactly the same way being a T1 on MDI. We all have different stage, meds or no meds and tolerances, etc but at the end of the day diabetes is diabetes and I have a learned a wealth of knowledge from all walks of diabetics.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most of us who have taken part are on insulin even if T2. A lot of the fascinating discussions seem to have been relevant to both. I think it's educational for all flavours of diabetics to be able to discuss common issues. The moderators seem to have been happy so far.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/difference-between-type1-and-type2-diabetes.html
...Eventually, you [T2's] can get to a similar situation as someone with type 1 diabetes, in which your body is incapable of producing the amount of insulin you need to keep blood glucose levels under control. Insulin injections are necessary in these situations

Genetic T2 25 years, has run in the male line for 3 generations at least.

I would agree that the dialogue has been very productive, but I would also agree with @RuthW that it would be better discussed in a separate thread.

The concern isn't with the people discussing, but rather the people reading the discussion from afar. This is a thread with "Type 1" in the title that was posted in the "Type 1" subsection and it could be easy to overlook the context of several posts made in this thread.

Side note: while the moderators haven't interjected into the discussion, if you notice, they have edited several people's posts to include that the discussion was specifically about type 2 diabetes.

Great conversation, but probably best we continue it in a separate thread.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Most of us who have taken part are on insulin even if T2. A lot of the fascinating discussions seem to have been relevant to both. I think it's educational for all flavours of diabetics to be able to discuss common issues. The moderators seem to have been happy so far.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/difference-between-type1-and-type2-diabetes.html
...Eventually, you [T2's] can get to a similar situation as someone with type 1 diabetes, in which your body is incapable of producing the amount of insulin you need to keep blood glucose levels under control. Insulin injections are necessary in these situations

That is true Geoff, but the type's do differ in their management and control. Some type 2's can eat protein without taking any Insulin ( same with some carbs) with that meal, whereas I, have to take Insulin, as my pancreas stopped working decades ago and I produce no Insulin.

Genetic T2 25 years, has run in the male line for 3 generations at least.