Type1. HbA1c results

Markham_K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I was admitted to hospital in January my HbA1c was 121..
A few weeks ago I had to have another to see if my monster was getting better.. today I got my result
59!
I'm extremely happy with myself! Feel a little less overwhelmed, depressed, and like my life has come to an end.. I'm so happy that I'm going in the right direction, I'm actually doing good :) even though it still confused me hahaha

Sorry for my little rant.. I had to share with you all, you all understand what I'm going through, and atm I'm really happy with myself and my monster friend x

Reactions: 10 people

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Your entitled to a rant :) We're human and we all have emotions that sometimes we find hard to control.Grats on your results and you should be happy with yourself,all the best :)

Reactions: 4 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Glad that you and your monster friend are gettiing on better together.

Nice one.

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should be really proud. I got similar results today and it's made me feel so much better about diabetes!

Reactions: 6 people

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
121 down to 59 is awesome. Well done, you have every right to feel happy!

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Well done,I hope I can follow your lead! I got my results today which was 90. Im not even sure what a healthy number is, do you know what is being aimed for?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done,I hope I can follow your lead! I got my results today which was 90. Im not even sure what a healthy number is, do you know what is being aimed for?
@TracyC Below 42 is non-diabetic (normal), 42-47 is pre-diabetic, 48 or over is diabetic. So you need to aim to get below 42.

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
@TracyC Below 42 is non-diabetic (normal), 42-47 is pre-diabetic, 48 or over is diabetic. So you need to aim to get below 42.
Thank you! I just joined the low carb program here, and i think its struck me that my diet now will be meat, fish, eggs, veg and fruit ... for someone who isn't a big meat eater, or fish for that matter and consumed mostly carbs prior to this its going to be a massive undertaking, but i will do it, to avoid the meds and other complications. I am looking at blood glucose monitors on eBay right now, there are so many I have no idea what to buy! x

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@TracyC there is good info on meters in this forum. I think the Codefree one is used by many.

I'm using one given by the GP but going to change. Worked out that Codefree is around 15p a strip if bought on Amazon - my current one is more like 30p!

Great to hear you are committing to LCHF, I did and it's made a huge difference

yolageen

@TracyC there is good info on meters in this forum. I think the Codefree one is used by many.

I'm using one given by the GP but going to change. Worked out that Codefree is around 15p a strip if bought on Amazon - my current one is more like 30p!

Great to hear you are committing to LCHF, I did and it's made a huge difference
Even cheaper if you go to the supplier and buy in multiples of 5 tubs a time. They give a really good fiscount. With disount codes. ( will post in a Mo)

yolageen

[quote uid=162035 name="Alzebra" post=1093870]...

I ordered mine from Home Health UK Ltd. There are discount codes you can use on that site to get cheaper strips: 5 packs 264086 10 packs 975833. I don't change my lancet every time, maybe just once a week / fortnight so don't buy too many of those![/QUOTE]