ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm off to bed but in a load of upper back pain and swollen.
Mr ickihun very medical nieve but too busy looking after kids so I can try and relax.
I'm praying I can sleep for more than 3hrs. Feels like lung pain, maybe trapped wind from gallbladder or something ailing me. What a huge guessing game.
Shoulder blade area pain and pelvic cramps are back. Codeine and co-codamol with ibuprofen taken over 2hrs ago still no effect... at all.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I'm off to bed but in a load of upper back pain and swollen.
Mr ickihun very medical nieve but too busy looking after kids so I can try and relax.
I'm praying I can sleep for more than 3hrs. Feels like lung pain, maybe trapped wind from gallbladder or something ailing me. What a huge guessing game.
Shoulder blade area pain and pelvic cramps are back. Codeine and co-codamol with ibuprofen taken over 2hrs ago still no effect... at all.
Hope you manage to sleep. I got Ron to go to bed not sure how long he will be in there for .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I slept off about 10.45pm so not bad going, eh? Woke at 02.32 but tossed and turned.

Still more comfortable lying down. Less pressure on my swollen stomach. Dn was brilliant yesterday. She is a fantastic nurse (endocrine nurse at Sunderland Hospital) .

I have a taxi booked for to see gp at 08.50 this morning. Stomach cramps are back without buscupan and I need him to see my walking pain so I'll use that few yards of path outside til I'm due to see him.
I'll tell him other GP put scan down for none urgent. :(. And radiology has fixed that so scan Monday morning at main hospital.
I need him to sort out my pain as codeine with paracetamol is rubbish. Not able to walk.
He needs to order me a wheelchair til resolved.
He'll cry at that.

Not as much as me thou!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron's now in bed , let's see how long he stays there for .

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I woke at 01.30 but watched 24hrs in A&E on more 4 then checked my birthday present galaxy chocolate effect of 17.2 gulp!
Took insulin and hoping for a more decent fbg.
Back in bed as family all asleep and can hear rain on windows.
Much more comfortable in bed but blurry eyed.
I'll log off. Hope Ron is OK?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
He got up at 7.20am not sure if he completely slept through the night . Yet he does seem a bit better this morning .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sleeping alot on tramadol.. so it's working again.
Going for a walk tomorrow, just up the road to test it out.
Wish me luck?

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Sleeping alot on tramadol.. so it's working again.
Going for a walk tomorrow, just up the road to test it out.
Wish me luck?
I do but don't over do it . Smaller steps bigger rewards .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @SockFiddler. I see you're awake too.

Ive woke in pain so awaiting for tramadol to kick in, or at least its tiredness to knock me out.

My birthday today.

Im going cross-eyed so that's a sign.
Hope to see you here if you wake and fancy a chat.
I'm back in bed and hoping to dose back off. You?

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @SockFiddler. I see you're awake too.

Ive woke in pain so awaiting for tramadol to kick in, or at least its tiredness to knock me out.

My birthday today.

Im going cross-eyed so that's a sign.
Hope to see you here if you wake and fancy a chat.
I'm back in bed and hoping to dose back off. You?
@ickihun ......Happy Birthday.....hope you have a good day.....:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun ......Happy Birthday.....hope you have a good day.....:)
Thanks Molly.
I delayed my birthday til today, a wisper chocolate bar and on Wednesday I'm out for a meal. (seems I need more Iron - anaemic..... me?)

I'm awake through the night, again in pain. Tramadol allows me to walk but I'm still struggling with stomach cramps and wind (buscupan was blocking but chemist having supply problems, humf! ) but severe scatic nerve pain when walking for more than a few seconds is so disabling and horrendously painful.
At GPs today with 4yr old with suspected chicken pox so might ask if I can see GP afterwards for increased nerve painkiller pregabalin.
I'm new to all this longterm pain. I cannot get used to it.
I had a ultrasound scan on Monday so my birthday was filled with boiled eggs, veg and roasted chicken. No sauces, oils or fatty or fried foods. I still cannot suffer too much salad, especially without oil or vinaigrette. It was a bland food day. Yuck! Luckily, I'm off my food most of the time now anyway. Maybe that's why I'm anaemic?
Of course I'm adding weight not losing on less calories. Which is me, typically. Although bloating, water retention in abdomen is weighing me in as more.
I wonder what my scan revealed. Gallstones, kidney stones or just severe water retention.
Maybe my heart is failing after all. Which would explain the lack of oxygen in my blood. The cardiologist I had was rubbish. I was pleased to get discharged after invasive angiogram.
What a year 2017 and start of 2018 has been!

I pop into the chat thread and see how happy you are and dont want to bring the mood down with my medical woes. I'm pleased to just listen.
I'm delighted with you and Clive. I enjoy your trips and pics.
I bet Mr ickihun feels a bit like you did with old hubby... stuck with a disabled diabetic. :(
I assure him these medical problems aren't diabetes related as my none diabetic uncle had scatica for years too. He had a op.
My GP has just referred me, for help. Mainly because I can normally help myself. I just haven't the energy.. must be anaemia, underactive thyroid and stress.
I'm going to ask about fibromyalgia as the bariatric psychologist mooted it as a possibility.
I personally haven't a clue. Once again these kinds of medical problems aren't evident in my family history.
Except one uncle had scatica after falling arkwardly out of a skip, at work decades ago.
What a life?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I pop into the chat thread and see how happy you are and dont want to bring the mood down with my medical woes. I'm pleased to just listen.

Please join in - we all have bad days or weeks (or even months :eek:), and sharing our woes with others - even if they take the mickey out of us - helps make things seem more bearable. I had a rubbish year in 2017, with several bereavements, and I think that if I hadn't been able to share my woes with other people on the thread I would have gone doolally.

OK - even more doolally than normal :D

Reactions: Molly56

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I spoke too soon on fb.

Ive been lying here for hours, struggling to go back to sleep. 4yr old is keep waking but seems to be not overheating now I changed his blanket, twice.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Please join in - we all have bad days or weeks (or even months :eek:), and sharing our woes with others - even if they take the mickey out of us - helps make things seem more bearable. I had a rubbish year in 2017, with several bereavements, and I think that if I hadn't been able to share my woes with other people on the thread I would have gone doolally.

OK - even more doolally than normal :D
Bless you @jay hay-char.
Its true.

I have a thread of my own at mo, where I'm moaning about suspected gallbladder pain... but scan says no.
My walking is unbearable due to pain. Even on tramadol, unless wake up about now so by 9am I can take second lot of painkillers. I'm taking so many tablets. All have different time gaps needed between food or other tablets.
Its lunchtime by the time I can move or do anything. I'm soooo frustrated with it all.
Nasty thrush has returned due to all the stress from my pain. It's horrendous.
Just when I thought, things cannot get worse.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Slept a lot yesterday, to hubby's dismay.
I had an early night and now awake in pain and with loose tummy from Iron tablets.
I've taken tummy meds so I'll take something dry and return to bed.
I must remember eat first before ibuprofen tablets...always.
Not looking forward to gp apointment on tuesday where I thought he knew A&E gave me pregabalin tablets but no mention of their discharge letter. So I have to go and ask for them to be continued...humf! No numb toe anymore on them so maybe they are making a difference with nerve damage. Nerve damage that everyone has been ruling out. Humf!
I will have to make a good case to keep them since they ADD weight.
I might weigh myself first to see if I can prove no increase. Very difficult thou as still swollen.