ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My asthma annual review didn't happen. I was 4mins late so they gave my appointment away even though I called to say I was on my way. I was livid by the new receptionists indignant attitude. Mr ickihun spoke to the practice manager once I told him what happened and how much effort it took for me to get there this morning.
I've come to the conclusion in future I need afternoon appointments as I have more and more to do on a morning since physio and bariatric needs. My life is getting more and more interfered with due to my health needs. I'm losing weight but my walking is getting worse and coping with extra meds for pain. I'm exhausted lately. All the hoops to jump through on top of just trying to get through my day isn't helping. I think I do have fibromyalgia or something. I've never felt so incapable in my life. I'm not stressed just my body doesn't move well when it should. Muscle aches and pains and sore ribs and stretched skin from water balloon tummy.
I'm due some blood tests but dreading something's else going wrong. I know something isn't right but hoping not my liver. I'm very careful with my diet so it shouldn't be anything sinister. However I read last night that codeine causes inflammation and histamine cold and flu like symptoms.
I really feel like just relaxing and taking my chances. I'm losing the fight in me today. I'm still doing all that's asked of me but today is a bad day! :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning @ickihun, no legs are still swollen. Ron says this morning there tired so could be another day at some point where there not going to move .
I'm having a bad day today. Same immobility problems but my incapabilities was highlighted today. I really felt my disability and no hope of any improvement til after op. I hope.
I don't feel old, I feel inhibited....fully.
I must be in denial as I still don't feel my weight related. I must mention this again at psychology appointment. I don't want to be delusional, ever.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I'm having a bad day today. Same immobility problems but my incapabilities was highlighted today. I really felt my disability and no hope of any improvement til after op. I hope.
I don't feel old, I feel inhibited....fully.
I must be in denial as I still don't feel my weight related. I must mention this again at psychology appointment. I don't want to be delusional, ever.
Ron's in bed he's very tired . He was up early yet he can't remember when he got up . High fbgs to go with it . I'm pretty sure myself Ron has fibromialgia or something similar.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey ickihun, a great big hug coming your way....so sorry to hear about the appointment going awry - that kind of distress doesn't help anyone, especially yourself with all that you have going on. Easier said than done, but take a deep breath, be grateful for your hubby stepping up to the plate for you, and remind yourself that "this too shall pass"....
I have dealt with fibro since the 80's and it is not an easy row to hoe or deal with. If you look up Fibro diagnostic tests, it should show a chart that shows the "trigger" points that a Doc will press for a diganosis....it will hurt, but worth it to know. It might give you some info to share with Doc at your next appointment...Have you looked at the anti-inflammation diet at all? Perhaps you are eating foods that could be causing some of the pain and need to be reduced or eliminated....just a thought. Medications, though helpful, can really mess with our sensitive, but amazing bodies!! Blessings/L

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron's in bed he's very tired . He was up early yet he can't remember when he got up . High fbgs to go with it . I'm pretty sure myself Ron has fibromialgia or something similar.
We are a right pair.
I have to get rid of my excess weight to prove not weight bearing pains. Mind u I cannot wait to be slimmer. But if not of weight bearing problem at least i'll be lighter to push if it comes to it. :confused:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hey ickihun, a great big hug coming your way....so sorry to hear about the appointment going awry - that kind of distress doesn't help anyone, especially yourself with all that you have going on. Easier said than done, but take a deep breath, be grateful for your hubby stepping up to the plate for you, and remind yourself that "this too shall pass"....
I have dealt with fibro since the 80's and it is not an easy row to hoe or deal with. If you look up Fibro diagnostic tests, it should show a chart that shows the "trigger" points that a Doc will press for a diganosis....it will hurt, but worth it to know. It might give you some info to share with Doc at your next appointment...Have you looked at the anti-inflammation diet at all? Perhaps you are eating foods that could be causing some of the pain and need to be reduced or eliminated....just a thought. Medications, though helpful, can really mess with our sensitive, but amazing bodies!! Blessings/L
I've broached the possibility of fibro with my GP and he won't test me til after the bariatric surgery as in his experience its most likely obesity related. He knew me before starting insulin so knows how weight adding my injections are. Bariatric surgery should hugely reduce my injected units.
I've always known obesity combined with diabetes makes any diagnosis sooo much harder. Medical books are just being alerted to how damaging insulin resistance is and its other than diabetes effects.
I'm guessing you weren't diagnosed with diabetes then?
I can see why so many obese patients decide to ignore their weight i favour of dealing with what lies underneath.
I'm trying to be brave but today just took me over the edge.
I'm sure I'll feel better after some good quality sleep. I cannot do anymore today and sitting here miserable and shattered.
I must go and recharge my batteries...and move on. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Up very very early but I think I'm yearning a bit time to myself in my own home. It seems to heal me when I can just do what I want to do.
I think yesterday taught me a lesson in being too honest. I'm finding local's attitudes seem so alien to me even thou its from my childhood. The doctors receptionist used my honest information against me and it seemed normal to her.
I'm feeling bad about allowing someone to mentally harm me because of my honesty. I don't know why this is bothering me soooo much. I need to take it as experience and move on. .... Then sleep ha ha.
Actually I couldn't sleep when I said I need to at 5pm either, even though I felt I'd been put through a ringer, so slept off at 11pm as normal (ish).

I've woken in pain and cool but on 10.2mmol/l. I'm putting it down to stress and missing 1x2 tablets of metformin, even thou loose tummy. Out of curiosity I weighed myself, even thou I had a supper, and I'm same weight as Friday. Only one more day to be able to weigh-in at a loss. I'm confident still, as long as I don't fill up with water again. I'm looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow, still.
I'm finding health unlocked on-line very supportive of none diabetic symptoms. I just I wish I had the time to sit chatting.
I'll always find the time here, as much as possible.
Thanks for listening!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Sleeping with Ron at the moment is like sleeping with a yo yo . He can go to bed at a reasonable time but be up really early or he could be up at breakfast time . Then there's time when he is so exhausted he has a nap in the afternoon and wakes early evening , so when it is time for bed he's awake . Pain not helping it's all over his body but seems to be more prominent in his right arm. Weekend was not so good as his legs gave up on him Saturday night . Then Sunday evening when he went for a shower he ended up with chest pain. Wish I knew why his body waits till weekend to act up.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sleeping with Ron at the moment is like sleeping with a yo yo . He can go to bed at a reasonable time but be up really early or he could be up at breakfast time . Then there's time when he is so exhausted he has a nap in the afternoon and wakes early evening , so when it is time for bed he's awake . Pain not helping it's all over his body but seems to be more prominent in his right arm. Weekend was not so good as his legs gave up on him Saturday night . Then Sunday evening when he went for a shower he ended up with chest pain. Wish I knew why his body waits till weekend to act up.
He may be stressed about his legs or can feel some change and anticipating a problem. A working man always let's his hair down at the weekend. Its his work cap head on, me thinks.
Just about to weigh-in and I'm swollen on the stomach again. I'm too scared to make a fuss. I've told GP three times but no response as I see him after furosemide tablet reduce some so I look like a nut telling him too many times. That tablet only reduces for about 4hrs then its back, some days with avengence.
I woke at 5am but tried to return to sleep but gained full bladder and after turning over for 20mins I got up.
I'm off to do ablutions after a blue inhaler, test sugar, take tablet to stop indigestion from metformin, take pain killers, take thyroxine on empty stomach (other than other tablets), prepare coffee as kids will be needing help on rising and I enjoy a cup after lansoprozole has been absorbed. Take insulin then eat boiled egg I made last night with metformin and novarapid insulin. After weigh-in I need to do stretches from physio and finish coffee and get kids up if not up and feed them whilst sorting out their book bags for school. Get back on-line at some point to log weight and get teeth and more ablutions help from Mr ickihun. Dress autistic 4yr old (which can be traumatic) and get my clothes on whilst Mr ickihun walks kids to school. I take a breath on remaining maintenance inhalers and if 2hr after egg will test results. I sit and calm down til I finish getting ready with Mr ickihun's help and plan my grocery shop.
I'm exhausted just typing all this. It does leave me totally exhausted. And its worse if 4yr old has a flare up.
It may be stress from obesity causing water balloon tummy or excessive insulin injections units or something sinister. Only one god knows.

Hoping to be on-line in between morning routine. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Had to have an afternoon nap. Totally exhausted lately.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Really hope Ron sleeps tonight . No getting up at the crack of dawn .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Here I am again.
No sleep in A&E yesterday but went to bed about 11pm. Woke at 01.57 with stomach cramps. Loose tummy so up waiting for it to settle down now. I'll have a read up on posts.
Codeine doesnt work on my pain. Given pregabalin to try.
No codeine means back to diarrhea. :(
Sore system as a result.
Only good thing is I'm back to my normal weight of 123.00kgs instead of 6lb heavier.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Constipation hell.
Up in agony.

I'm so sick of being sleep deprived and in agony when walking.

Antibiotics finished on Tuesday but not seeing GP til Friday. Saw him in civi time to nod to but I wanted a chance to possibly not need any more help.
Unfortunately I do need help. I'm crying with pain and now constipation on top. I really hate codeine as it never takes my pain away and gives me constipation too. I've rubbed a movement out but I still feel full.
Soooo fed up. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Sending you hugs @ickihun , Ron was also up again (1am) he had jaw spasm. He's not been sleeping that well at all.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sending you hugs @ickihun , Ron was also up again (1am) he had jaw spasm. He's not been sleeping that well at all.
Bless him. Tell him I'm struggling like mad at mo, too.
Mr ickihun is going to push me in a wheelchair if no help after MP gets involved.
I'm fighting to stay independent. :(

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I've just read another thread you posted in . Why oh why don't drs help you? Both you and Ron have been struggling for far to long .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've just read another thread you posted in . Why oh why don't drs help you? Both you and Ron have been struggling for far to long .
I know.
I feel like my body is being attacked. :(