ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Last night 5yr old cried and woke us all at 3 different times. One of the occasions was for an hour and he just wouldn't resettle. I guessed in the end it was blocked wind, but he cannot say. His vocabulary is very basic.
Tonight I'm on the sofa with 11yr old on other sofa as he has a suspected throat infection, airways closing with temperature. We have a booked gp appointment in the morning so hopefully he can resolve his possible infection which has lingered from the scarlet fever.
I need my weekend away. All these ill nights with kids being sick so much more cleaning has got me exhausted.
I'm awake after not really sleeping. A power nap whilst the 11yr old rests.
He's struggling again so I must go.

Hope everyone is sleeping much better. Regards
ickihun. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Yes I'm still up . Think I'm turning into a right night owl. If it's not me that's up it's Ron.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Tossed and turned all last night. :(
Hoping I don't tonight. I don't want to freely take painkillers and I will bear some pain until too painful to do.
Even tonight.

Yesterday I had very purple legs and pins in needles in my left arm and hand. I don't think dihydrocodeine is great for circulation. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Due to Ron or are you unsettled too?
I think due to 5yr old insomina I'm now a sufferer too. :(
He nods of in his recliner in the upright position. I worry he's going to fall out of it .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He nods of in his recliner in the upright position. I worry he's going to fall out of it .
I know you do. He is a big boy thou. He has to ensure he's not in danger too.
I'm guilty of mothering Mr ickihun too. However too much can make them soft. Well I find.
I'm off to check bg and if I have a novarapid correction needed before bed.
I'll be back in a mo. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I know you do. He is a big boy thou. He has to ensure he's not in danger too.
I'm guilty of mothering Mr ickihun too. However too much can make them soft. Well I find.
I'm off to check bg and if I have a novarapid correction needed before bed.
I'll be back in a mo. :)
Giving him a shower last night he could hardly stand upright .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I didn't need a wheelchair. Painkillers started to work. Mind you I may regret that decision as I have a heavy cold and not 100% for hubbies day out. I'll be dragged along. I'd prefer to be able to keep up.

It turned out OK as 11yr old getting over severe case of tonsillitis was tired too. His diabetes blood test check came back not diabetic :) :) :) He shows no symptoms except being hungry..... all the time.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Raging sore throat again which has woke me up. Mr ickihun had a good birthday and he's just stopped celebrating, at home with 2 friends. I'm sure the neighbours are pleased since their new hearing aids hear everything. They even hear what isn't said or done too. They must be on one of my tablets .... Side affect is possibly hear what's not there.
Ive hear whooshing of water and exaggerated living room fan but not voices.... Well not yet. Medication! I'm relaxed back in bed so I'll hopefully return to sleep.
Mr ickihun has got into older boy's bed and sprawled like a star fish. Poor Jr. She's still fast asleep. He always gets his 11-12hrs that one.
I wish i did. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just relaxing Into bed now. I've watched a great inspiring movie. Rocky II.
I'M A LOW CARBER, FOR LIFE. Starting tomorrow.
I need to buy some lidl almonds and lindt dark chocolate. Asap.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A much better night's sleep. Approx. 6hrs and no 5yr old waking either. Hurray! Up now at 5am but happier for it. :)

Reactions: Molly56

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Woke at 5am to a asthma attack. I've gone back to strict low carbing and this is the first attack I've had for months.
Inflammation and lack of wheat may be related.
I remember asking a fellow poster if her arthritis was better on low carb. She told me her inflammation was worse and she'd have to change some of her items she eats more of which can cause inflammation.
Strange but true.
Ive treated my attack but still wheezing so will go and repuff if necessary.
Hope everyone had a good settled night.
5yr old played up at 12 but then after settling down, I slept through til 5.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm now thinking I have low iron again. I'm eating beef, broccoli and liver on top of my normal foods. It must be lansoprozol tablet causing it. However, I've read some very bad horror stories about people who have stopped it and ended up with burnt esophagus. So I wont be risking it.
May end up on iron tablets again. :(

How is everyone?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Averaging 5hr sleep again. Also tired after painkillers so feel like I need to go back to bed. I promised myself a sleep on sun lounger in shade today, then a cool shower. I'm trying to go fast but everything is still painfully slow.
Walked loads yesterday but my feet took the brunt so will be back in sketchers on Friday's walking out.
Legs turned purple then swollen feet. Humf!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I often wake at 2 am anyone know why this happens as before having Diabetes I would sleep all night