ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Couldn't sleep til late, last night. I'm shattered but have to take kids to their concurrent hospital appointments now. Have had a fantastic morning at the Carers centre, great support for Mr ickihun and the household. I'm delighted he has some support at last. :)

Reactions: PatsyB and Geoffno6

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
was wide awake at 1 am this morning took me about an hour to get back to sleep unsure why I woke up as tested levels and they were 6.8 so all was good there

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Me too @PatsyB.
Good bgs but thrush this evening so got out of bed and treated straight away. I know from Dapagliflozin but I've been losing weight lovely. Forgot my diuretic this morning so not flushing sugary urine out properly, it seems. I must have nerve damage or a weakness there as its identical to when I was 6yrs old. Midgets used to love biting me too in 70s, like mosquitoes in Africa in 00s. I must quiz my intelligent SDN when I see her next. She told me the reason for thrush but only solution I've found is canasten treatments but I've noticed with a diuretic I flow much easier. Which is a positive side affect for a change.
Will still call GP for a thrush treatment though. Cream all used up and I buy an expensive liquid soap as normal soaps aggravates me to distraction and bad memories in my childhood. Sorrow I can do without.

I love this thread as no matter what time I post you guys understand the frustration of being an unwanted uk night owl.

Hope you dont respond til much later due to a good night's sleep. Fingers crossed.

I refrain from a drink as just makes me wake needing another wee.
Ive noticed some very disturbed nights lately for wees only. I guess from Dapagliflozin. It will be stopped for my op so god help my bgs and weight. This is turning into a nightmare as if any added weight surgeon gets itchy feet and he's off from doing op. I cannot stop my body being so sensitive to sugar/carbs. It's sensitivity is getting worse and that is why I need the op. Surgeons have their own agenda but of course for good reason.
I'll remember diuretic in future as I'm struggling to get comfortable, still. I really don't fancy running a bath as Mr ickihun has to help me out and he needs his sleep more this week since little one who gets fidgety pants and runs us ragged if off school for blackberry week. Carers are in process of setting relief up for 6wks hols but I'm hoping for all school breaks.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
fast asleep at 10 pm and wide awake at midnight....managed to get back to sleep though even though feeling sicky unsure why my tummy was feeling like that grrr

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hoping for a better night tonight. Thrush has gone just by furosemide and cream.
I'm a bit low tonight after Mr ickihun verbally abused me in front of the kids earlier. He's relentless when he does it.
I'm exhausted and kids don't really understand the stress levels when he's not drinking. He's took himself to bed and I'm left holding the baby. Literally.
The distance seems to be only forced between us when kids are off. I have him a carers team now but he's told me he will only go one more time as no other husbands/dads at that group. So they've suggested mens group but he's not going to go, apparently. I'm sick of making so much effort for him to just say "no".
Ive had to remind him today how painful it is for me to walk but he just wanted a row. I went for a coffee with my boys and some fun.
All he does is critise.
I cannot do any more to help. He isn't a child and shouldnt want to be treated like one.
I refuse to feel bad about not being 100%. I bet a few cared for people feel guilty or made to feel that way. Shame on them. No one chooses to be in a position where they need help, daily. No one, I'm sure. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hoping for a better night tonight. Thrush has gone just by furosemide and cream.
I'm a bit low tonight after Mr ickihun verbally abused me in front of the kids earlier. He's relentless when he does it.
I'm exhausted and kids don't really understand the stress levels when he's not drinking. He's took himself to bed and I'm left holding the baby. Literally.
The distance seems to be only forced between us when kids are off. I have him a carers team now but he's told me he will only go one more time as no other husbands/dads at that group. So they've suggested mens group but he's not going to go, apparently. I'm sick of making so much effort for him to just say "no".
Ive had to remind him today how painful it is for me to walk but he just wanted a row. I went for a coffee with my boys and some fun.
All he does is critise.
I cannot do any more to help. He isn't a child and shouldnt want to be treated like one.
I refuse to feel bad about not being 100%. I bet a few cared for people feel guilty or made to feel that way. Shame on them. No one chooses to be in a position where they need help, daily. No one, I'm sure. :(

Well I hope I don’t make Ron feel that way. You shouldn’t feel bad either . I think when all said and done Ron and I make a really good team . We’ve had our ups and downs but somehow manage to sort things out , I’m sure for you both that things will come good . Yes I know I’m up at stupid “o”clock makes a change from O.H.

Reactions: Geoffno6

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
awake at 4 am, feeling tired and wondered what the heck am I awake for , goes to loo washes hands and checks levels 4.1 arghh so up i gets and starts the day...will be yawning all day no doubt lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Off back to bed. Little one woke upset. He's now in deep sleep.
I'm praying I join him. And soon.
My eyes are ready, now.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I woke at 1 am and went to the toilet then got back into bed and zonked out lol woke at 5.30 am

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
was awake at 4 am went to loo and got back into bed just got up at 6.30 am

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mr ickihun been doing night-shift with little one but what a noise they both make. No consideration for me and other son.
Mr ickihun has added loads of weight due to caring for little one. I'm nearly happy with their training for whilst in hospital. Luckily only for a short period.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
awake at 2 am let the dog out and came on here tested my sugars which was high 10.2 I have no idea why, not eaten anything different so thinking I got an infection grrrr

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Up with older boy for homework catch up and he just tells me he needs my laptop which I hide for some assignment.
Not sure I've even set it up fully yet.
Another tablet screen got broken over the school holidays. :( :( :(

Get well soon @PatsyB. Maybe the come down from all your latest stress? I had ridiculous high bgs after moving 3 times in a 6wk period. I'll never forgive my mum for her additional part in all the stress.
I could call her today for a grocery shopping meet up but I really cannot be bothered. I'm better off struggling on my own without her added burden. :(

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
wide awake in the middle of the night and looking on the forum

Reactions: Geoffno6

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just settling down now.
Had to do tooth fairy duties. :)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
slep better last night although did not drink my cup of tea as that was still by the bedside,wake at 5.30 am but very cold this morning brrr

Reactions: ickihun

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm 5 hours behind many of you so awake while many are sleeping. Then I get to sleep while some of you are just waking up. It's very quiet here after supper.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A rocky night. Woken every 90mins by needy 5yr old. He'd had a sleep at school. Apparently. He's in deep sleep now but needs to be woken for school.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I awoke twice in the night both times went to loo and got back into bed lol awoke at 6 15am headache grrrr