Uk night owl

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I only hope Ron has a better night than last night . He got into bed and he then began having head spasms . It left him with a banging headache.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Had a sleep during day due to little monster waking through the night and needing help.
Only trouble I woke to a horrendous hypo. Sweats were putting it mildly.
Family over compensated with hypo treatments.... Just as I had to leave for hospital appointment.
Hoping for a more relaxed night tonight.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Had a sleep during day due to little monster waking through the night and needing help.
Only trouble I woke to a horrendous hypo. Sweats were putting it mildly.
Family over compensated with hypo treatments.... Just as I had to leave for hospital appointment.
Hoping for a more relaxed night tonight.
Last night Ron had more spasms .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Last night Ron had more spasms .
Arrh bless him.
No med helping him with those yet?

I stopped metformin to find no more IBS symptoms so able to stop IBS tablets too. No more cramps in stomach or i my back. No chest pains lately either.
Oh and guess what? My monthly which is 4mths late has turned up.
Looking like I'm still losing 1kg a fortnight. So 1lb loss a week.
No more hit and miss upset tummy either.

I've made a huge iron filled food effort with my diet. Liver, broccoli and beef. Eggs as always too.

If I had lost weight continously like some posters I wouldn't have to have bariatric surgery.
Trust me to be different.
I blame my thyroid and stress for weight gain, as well as insulin.
Soooo looking forward to less insulin and less injections.
These last few months have really dragged along. A very very long journey to my op.
I just want it done and dustered so I can get on with the rest of my life.
I cannot wait to see weight loss from op.

If I can get to 12st or as near as possible I'll be very happy. Well a girl can dream.
I've been told I won't lose as much as some others due to other medical conditions.
MSK chap asked me to try a local hill like area (an incline) without my crutch. A bit at a time. Then more each day.
I'm reluctant as how would I do it?
Leaving crutch indoors won't get me to bottom of incline street. Taking it means abandoning it then no support at the point of not being able to walk without its support. I'd have to use walls and gates which twist my body too much when in agony..
Will need Mr ickihun or 11yr old to carry crutch for me til I'm ready for it again.
Currently only able to cross my street til I get pain.
An exercise regime I'll have to incorporate once I've seen son onto school bus in September. A mile walk I have to make in agony, even with crutch (stopping 4-5 times as it is).
How am I really going to do this new ask?

You know me, I'll try anything but I hope this doesn't backfire and put me off or stop me capable of what I can do now.
I'll scream if I'm set back again. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Arrh bless him.
No med helping him with those yet?

I stopped metformin to find no more IBS symptoms so able to stop IBS tablets too. No more cramps in stomach or i my back. No chest pains lately either.
Oh and guess what? My monthly which is 4mths late has turned up.
Looking like I'm still losing 1kg a fortnight. So 1lb loss a week.
No more hit and miss upset tummy either.

I've made a huge iron filled food effort with my diet. Liver, broccoli and beef. Eggs as always too.

If I had lost weight continously like some posters I wouldn't have to have bariatric surgery.
Trust me to be different.
I blame my thyroid and stress for weight gain, as well as insulin.
Soooo looking forward to less insulin and less injections.
These last few months have really dragged along. A very very long journey to my op.
I just want it done and dustered so I can get on with the rest of my life.
I cannot wait to see weight loss from op.

If I can get to 12st or as near as possible I'll be very happy. Well a girl can dream.
I've been told I won't lose as much as some others due to other medical conditions.
MSK chap asked me to try a local hill like area (an incline) without my crutch. A bit at a time. Then more each day.
I'm reluctant as how would I do it?
Leaving crutch indoors won't get me to bottom of incline street. Taking it means abandoning it then no support at the point of not being able to walk without its support. I'd have to use walls and gates which twist my body too much when in agony..
Will need Mr ickihun or 11yr old to carry crutch for me til I'm ready for it again.
Currently only able to cross my street til I get pain.
An exercise regime I'll have to incorporate once I've seen son onto school bus in September. A mile walk I have to make in agony, even with crutch (stopping 4-5 times as it is).
How am I really going to do this new ask?

You know me, I'll try anything but I hope this doesn't backfire and put me off or stop me capable of what I can do now.
I'll scream if I'm set back again. :(
He has these spasms when the pain is really bad . Otherwise the baclofen seems to help. The pain in his hip hasn't stopped since the weekend . Yesterday he said that he thinks it might be sciatica. I think Ron's just trying to get a world record for the most ailments one person can get lol. When we're out and I'm pushing his wheelchair not once does he ever get out of it and walk. Even if my shoulder is hurting , which happens when we're on a slope . So I'm trying to steer and push him at the same time. His therapist wants him to do certain things before his next visit but as yet he's not done anything.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He has these spasms when the pain is really bad . Otherwise the baclofen seems to help. The pain in his hip hasn't stopped since the weekend . Yesterday he said that he thinks it might be sciatica. I think Ron's just trying to get a world record for the most ailments one person can get lol. When we're out and I'm pushing his wheelchair not once does he ever get out of it and walk. Even if my shoulder is hurting , which happens when we're on a slope . So I'm trying to steer and push him at the same time. His therapist wants him to do certain things before his next visit but as yet he's not done anything.
Is he depressed? I get sooo low when I think of ailments.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Is he depressed? I get sooo low when I think of ailments.
When he's been asked about feeling depressed or suicidal he says he's not . There are times though when I've noticed a change in his mood . With him not sleeping I put that down to the M.E. There is only so much I can do the rest has to come from him. It was only Sunday that I found out that his throat has been closing up on him when he eats or drinks , that includes taking meds as well. Which is how I found this out .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
When he's been asked about feeling depressed or suicidal he says he's not . There are times though when I've noticed a change in his mood . With him not sleeping I put that down to the M.E. There is only so much I can do the rest has to come from him. It was only Sunday that I found out that his throat has been closing up on him when he eats or drinks , that includes taking meds as well. Which is how I found this out .
Does he use a PPI?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I normally take lansoprozol which blocks stomach acid causing reflux.
Aspirin shouldn't cause restrictions. It is to thin the blood but not advised for diabetics due to stroke risks. However the benefits must outway that for Ron. They would have assessed that.
Any muscle relaxant causing his throat not to restrict to swollow ok?
Tell him he's coming out in sympathy for me and my gastroscopy on 29th. It leaves everyone struggling to swollow.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Awake again. Mr ickihun snoring and after 2 attempt to stop it I've given up and gone onto my games to distract me. Will go back to bed in a mo. It's warmer there.
I'm enjoying my dreams lately. :)

Hope everyone is as best they can be. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Tossed and turned.
Back pain was horrendous through the night as I didn't take painkillers before bed.
So up early to get them in my system as we are going to walk out today.
Need a shower first so it may be this afternoon. Cannot do both straight off each other. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tossed and turned.
Back pain was horrendous through the night as I didn't take painkillers before bed.
So up early to get them in my system as we are going to walk out today.
Need a shower first so it may be this afternoon. Cannot do both straight off each other. :(
Ron isn't to go either . He's gone to get up and his legs wouldn't move . Have given him two walking sticks and still he's not to steady on his feet . He's now on his chair and fallen back to sleep. Hope your painkillers click in soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron isn't to go either . He's gone to get up and his legs wouldn't move . Have given him two walking sticks and still he's not to steady on his feet . He's now on his chair and fallen back to sleep. Hope your painkillers click in soon.
Just about to take next painkillers. Back is killing. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A good night sleep on painkillers.
Woke at 6am and just thought about today's procedure and hospital requirements.

No coffee this morning. Water only.

No painkillers til 08.45 for deadline to take meds. So I wont be in pain from my back/pelvis through procedure, hopefully. Fingers crossed they kick in.

Sitting after blood pressure and thyroid tablets been taken. Sipping water.
I need to test bg but irrelevant what it says as no insulin or food so unless very very high I won't be doing anything other than monitoring.

How's Ron @tina_marie?
A good night?

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

No painkillers til 08.45 for deadline to take meds. So I wont be in pain from my back/pelvis through procedure, hopefully. Fingers crossed they kick in.

I need to test bg but irrelevant what it says as no insulin or food so unless very very high I won't be doing anything other than monitoring.

How's Ron @tina_marie?
A good night?
@ickihun .....hope all goes well with today’s procedure.....sending hugs....:)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes

How's Ron @tina_marie?
A good night?
Good luck for today. Will be thinking about you. I'll fill you in later on Ron.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Went very very well. Sedated procedure as I was getting more and more anxious.
Awake tasking my brain into how I can lose the 3kg needed for an op date.
I might have to try metformin again. It has helped so much in my life. Maybe it will help me here again.
Ive had very very little IBS pain since stopping it thou. So I've been able to stop mebeverine tablets.
Iron has been good since stopping lansoprozol for this precedure so no need for asthma inhalers recently either.
So no metformin, no lansoprozol, no asthma 3x inhalers and no mebeverine tablets lately. :) :) :)