Unacceptable behaviour at annual review

Nimster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I got accused by my diabetic consultant that was I eating too many hamburgers and not taking my insulin o_O i told my gp that i wanted to change hospitals because it was unacceptable but they told me to remain with this hospital. So now I dread going to see the consultant for my check up :/

christi99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
See... now how is that type of treatment toward you going to help you at all?! I assume the accusations were wrong, based on your post, but either way people need support not punishment, admonishment or shaming. Yes, support can also include reviewing dietary or insulin management, but no one wants to be shamed. It is human nature to avoid what is humiliating or worse- inaccurate accusations. I can understand why you dread going. Perhaps you could share with your consultant your feeling about this and ask that instead you both could work as a team instead of being treated with little respect. You ultimately have to live with your disease and the outcome of the management, so it really would serve you to be able to work with someone you feel comfortable with. Best of luck- I know how you feel :)

G

graj0

I got accused by my diabetic consultant that was I eating too many hamburgers and not taking my insulin o_O i told my gp that i wanted to change hospitals because it was unacceptable but they told me to remain with this hospital. So now I dread going to see the consultant for my check up :/
Not worth "consulting" with a . . . . . . . . like that, it's a waste of your time, but probably allows the consultant to mouth off.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You are entitled to "2nd opinions". Effectively asking to go to a different hospital is asking for a 2nd opinion and cannot be refused...

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
He sounds a not very understanding type..... hope you have better joy next time you go to see him :(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you lower your insulin, you can lose a pound a day. Just learn the glycemic loads of foods to lower blood sugar and insulin, and watch the kilos roll off you!

If only life were that simple!

Oh, and just a heads up - that comment kind of leans towards diabulimia, which is a serious condition. As serious as anorexia or bulimia.

Reactions: 2 people