LPH39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been doing keto since mid January and have been pretty strict with it. At first the weight fell off, I lost over a stone in 5 weeks but since then I've had a month long stall. I can't think why (apart from hormones as my periods have stopped).

I'm eating less than 1400 cals a day (242 lbs weight)
Watching my macros
No artificial sweeteners
NO cheating whatsoever

2 meals a day plus a bullet proof coffee in morning, HBA1C very good, blood range between 5-8 never higher.

Meals

3 x eggs scrambled in butter
1 x meat + salad, veggies, cheese etc in evening

No alcohol

45 mins walking per day plus exercise bike 25 mins daily.

No loss, not weight, not inches, nothing!

Can anyone help me? I'm starting to think I'm not suited to keto. I've tried carb refeeding briefly and felt dreadful afterwards.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like you are calorie restricting a bit? Have you tried upping your meals a bit to ensure you aren't slowing your metabolism?
Also what times of the day are you eating?

Reactions: Member496333

LPH39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds like you are calorie restricting a bit? Have you tried upping your meals a bit to ensure you aren't slowing your metabolism?
Also what times of the day are you eating?

Hi

I'm having a bulletproof with double cream, butter and C8 MCT oil at about 930am
Eggs x 3 cooked in butter around 12-1pm sometimes later depending on work schedule
Main meal around 8-9pm at night (can't really change that due to work schedule)

Repeat the next day

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I'm having a bulletproof with double cream, butter and C8 MCT oil at about 930am
Eggs x 3 cooked in butter around 12-1pm sometimes later depending on work schedule
Main meal around 8-9pm at night (can't really change that due to work schedule)

Repeat the next day
Hmm sounds ok.. I might try skipping the MCT oil and butter in the coffee and maybe go for 2 coffees with a tablespoon of cream in the mornings for a week to see if that makes a difference (never been a BPC fan). Then maybe add in an extra egg or two at lunchtime then evening as usual. Otherwise when I have stalled in the past I have done a day or two fast to kick start some extra weight loss.. (I fast with the cream and coffee but nothing solid).

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm with @bulkbiker, I think a change in routine other than carb feeding could possibly give you a kick start.

If you don't fancy a fast, potentially changing the order of the meals may help, maybe swap lunch and dinner around so you eat less in the evening, or even have the eggs for breakfast.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Op. Is your current weight somewhere near what your body could be happy at.

I lost nearly 4stone in barely 3 months then stopped cold. Been 75 to 78kg ever since.

I am leaner and feel like my body has sorted problems within. 75 is a really good weight for me. My waist has actually gone up a size too. That's from sit up though.

JenniferG

How many grams of net carbs and protein are you eating? Excess protein is converted to glucose and raises insulin.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excess protein is converted to glucose and raises insulin.
You say that with some certainty although more recent thought is that GNG is more likely a demand driven process. Many people eating lots of protein (carnivores for example) do not exhibit the blood sugar impact you would expect from "excessive" protein intake.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am having a similar problem. Lost 9 pounds very quickly and has now stalled, even though I have started walking most days and kickboxing twice a week!