1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Unusually High Blood Sugars

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by LeftPeg, Mar 26, 2020.

1. LeftPeg

LeftPeg · Well-Known Member

Long story short, I'm a type 2 with fairly poor control at the moment. However, over the last few days my numbers have gone stratospheric, ranging from 13-18mmol/l, which is uncharacteristally high even if I've been eating badly (which I haven't).

I didn't touch carbs at all yesterday, and my bloods were still 18mmol/l upon waking.

Obviousy, this is making me slightly anxious, especially in the current climate.

Any thoughts what it might be? I'm wondering whether my body is fighting an infection of some sort, but I'm complete asymptonatic. I don't even have the dry mouth I normally get when bloods sugars are high

2. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Any chance there might've been hidden carbs? What did you eat, specifically? What's your usual carb intake.

Mind you, when I'm ill or have an infection, my blood sugars know a day, sometimes two, before the rest of my body gets clued in. Keep an eye on yourself eh.
    Good luck!
    Jo

3. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. Can you let us know how old you are and whether you are slim or have excess weight? These factors can sometimes point to being T1 rather than T2. Keep an eye on those sugars and if they go into the 20s and stay there be prepared to go to A&E

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook