Urinating very frequently and thirsty

sohailgagai

Urinating very frequently and thirsty what should I do don't have the meter right now with me medicines don't work for me pls pls guide and help thank you

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Urinating very frequently and thirsty what should I do don't have the meter right now with me medicines don't work for me pls pls guide and help thank you

Can you go and get your meter?

In the meantime, drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

What type of diabetes do you have? You said the meds don't work. Has late onset Type 1 been ruled out?

Reactions: Freema and mist

sohailgagai

I am on Job and it's happening
I just drank to cups of tea with artificial sweetener and two eggs half fried with two bran bread is that bad I am new pls guide
I mean on breakfast

Reactions: Freema
M

mist

When this happened to me I thought I was in the Sahara the thirst was unrelenting!

M

mist

Bro, you really need to test your levels! Is anyone around you with a meter you can borrow?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi

Can you tell us what you had for breakfast. I see you have been partaking in the can't give up my toast thread (not great for a T2 which I assume you are but havent said on your profile). I would suggest that you try to remove the fast carbs from your diet as a first step. These are wheat (bread, cakes, flour), rice, pasta, potatoes

Replace the lost calories with more fat - try nuts, coconut, cream, full fat yoghurt, eggs.

As for what can I have for breakfast why not try eggs, sausages, bacon etc.

You can also have a look at the low carb recipe section and also consider the low carb programme run by the site.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am on Job and it's happening
I just drank to cups of tea with artificial sweetener and two eggs half fried with two bran bread is that bad I am new pls guide
I mean on breakfast

Can you get time off from work to fetch your meter? You could work extra at lunch or the end of the day to make the time up maybe.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
OK that is about 14 in our units. Drink lots of water... lots and lots of water. Eat nothing more now until your bloods reduce below 10 at which point you won't need the toilet as your kidneys will not be flushing sugar from your body

If you get hungry eat fatty food. Get a greek yoghurt or some plain tree nuts (almonds, hazelnuts) or an avocado

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Do check your diagnosis as you may have Late onset T1 rather than T2 but first reduce your carbs and stay on a low-carb diet with your meds. If the blood sugar remains that high then question your diagnosis with the doc.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Best thing you can do to fix the thirst and night time peeing is to drinks LOTS of plain old water.

Aim for 3 litres a day for 2 weeks if possible.

After that, 2l a day s fine, but, basically, as much as you can comfortably drink in a day. You'll find you pee more in the day (not necessarily more times, but when you do go, your pees will last longer), but most likely your night time peeing will reduce.

Reactions: Freema

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes got the meter and test came 250

The normal dose for Glimepiride (Amaryl) is described as follows
<<After reaching a daily dose of 2 mg, further dose increases can be made in increments of 1 mg or 2 mg based upon the patient's glycemic response. Uptitration should not occur more frequently than every 1–2 weeks. A conservative titration scheme is recommended for patients at increased risk for hypoglycemia>>

At a prescription of 8mg a day you should be seeing lower bgl, since this med is noted for causing hypoglycemia/ So it would be very prudent to see your doctor asap since this bgl of 250 may be indicative of needing different treatent, especially if you have just stopped taking Amaryl totally.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers

The thirst will probably be down to the diabetes (I say probably because as I'm not a doctor, there could easily be other reasons). The frequent urinating could be down to several things, including how much you're drinking but also the medication that you're taking. You say that you've stopped taking Amaryl? Does that mean that you're not taking any medication for your diabetes, that will explain thirst. Also, take a look at Amaryl side effects, it's an interesting read, it will put a load on liver and kidneys.

See if you can get the GP to tell you how much insulin your pancreas is making (C-Peptide test), he might not be happy, but it's your life. Metformin is frequently the first line of defense so I'm just a little surprised you're straight onto the Amaryl, perhaps I'm missing some info. If your pancreas is OK perhaps Metformin will help.

As has already been mentioned, watch the carbs and eat to the meter. The bran bread may seem OK and some will handle it OK, others will see their BG go through the roof.

sohailgagai

You will tell me that I am crazy I have this some kind of eye disease which gives me dizziness and if I wear sunglasses I will womit I can't wear sunglasses some kind of stress around my eyes so when I take metformin I get this stiffness around my eyes a lot I don't know why and if u take amyryl I get too much stress anxiety depression why
You think I am crazy but it's true that's why I can't take any meds of diabetes I have to control it with exercise and diet
Thanks

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You will tell me that I am crazy I have this some kind of eye disease which gives me dizziness and if I wear sunglasses I will womit I can't wear sunglasses some kind of stress around my eyes so when I take metformin I get this stiffness around my eyes a lot I don't know why and if u take amyryl I get too much stress anxiety depression why
You think I am crazy but it's true that's why I can't take any meds of diabetes I have to control it with exercise and diet
Thanks

I don´t think anyone think you are crazy... but maybe scared with you... you have to see a doctor... diabetes with such high numbers can be damaging if you don´t get a diet that Works and a treatment that helps you...medicine don´t help much in diabetes type 2, the food choices are the most important