Vaccine passport

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
I’m not sure whether vaccine passports are a good thing and would rather a negative test was shown for groups and gatherings as it seems people are still getting covid if they’ve had a vaccine. Is this correct? From I’ve read it seems only a negative test can actually save us from harm?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I’m not sure whether vaccine passports are a good thing and would rather a negative test was shown for groups and gatherings as it seems people are still getting covid if they’ve had a vaccine. Is this correct? From I’ve read it seems only a negative test can actually save us from harm?

As far as I'm aware, you have better protection from the jab, than not. And if you do get it, the severity is not enough to need hospital care.
The only incident of security is if we get herd immunity, which means that everyone has been inoculated or has the covid antibodies.
Then there is the spreaders. I can't believe that the scientist doing the briefing had not considered there being those who have no symptoms and spread the virus not knowing that they are.
I just can't seeing covid passports working. The black markets, forgeries, and who will police it?
If it is not safe enough to need a passport to qualify you to enter a pub, then it's not safe!

Stay safe.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
@notafanofsugar

The claim is made that 1 in 25 people admitted to hospital since December had already been given a vaccine.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....h-covid-in-uk-since-december-have-had-vaccine

But it's not clear if they waited a couple of weeks for the vaccine to become.effective before getting back into their old routines.

As for vaccine passports, I'm not sure what the answer is but tests are not 100% foolproof. It is now being suggested that vaccines reduce transmissability (not sure how this works) so perhaps there's some logic to vaccine passports.

But with around 1/3 of the population refusing the jab for a variety of reasons, we need to work out what to do.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
The vaccine is not designed to stop you getting it.
It's to stop you being full on ill if you do get it.
If I who have not yet been vaccinated go to the pub with you who have been vaccinated you will probably be the biggest threat to the community because you may well have caught it and not know it so go swanning around from bar to bar place to place spreading it everywhere you go.
The reason many people may well behave like that is because so many people do not understand what the vaccine is and what it does and doesn't do.
It is not designed to stop you getting it though some are now saying well it seems it might cut down your risk. Might and we know they need to talk this experimental vaccine up as much as possible.
Me who is not yet vaccinated will know if I get it because I'm going to be ill and it will show.
Don't forget too that over 99 out of a hundred people who get it don't die.
Over 70% don't end up in hospital and again there are some who will get it have a sniffy nose and never suspect they had the virus anyway.

paulandbez

I hope the passport system doesn't become necessary. My wife and I have numerous health problems. Would the government give me a 100% assurance that we will NOT have an adverse affect due to having the vaccine? If we do have it and we are ill then who will look after us? I'm pretty sure Boris and his team won't!

Reactions: JTL