Vegetarian/Vegan Low Carb Recipe Index

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you so much @purplekat for compiling all these recipes just like a cookbook :) much appreciated

Dx T2 (2014) Low carb with moderate protein&fat,no dairy or processed.1 serving of fruit per day, (1200 cal) vit b supplements no meds bmi=23 HbA1c=31 Total Ch=170 Fast BG=4.7 (08/14)

Reactions: 4 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Great job, Kat! I've made this a sticky thread so it'll always stay at the top of the post list in the low carb diet section :D

Reactions: 10 people

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
Great, makes it easier for me to find to update it as well :)

I think the desserts will migrate onto a separate thread once I've finished linking them, there's just so many (I've not even touched the thread devoted to low carb chocolate recipes!)

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
I thought that recipe looked really good - was it one of @WhitbyJet's recipes? A lot of the ones I've linked so far were from her :)

Been a bit quiet here as home internet is down, I've been using my lunch hour to do boring things like pay bills. Should be back up by tomorrow evening though, so will get stuck back in to the list :)

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for this. I am not vegetarian but like to have some meat-free days which I gave found harder since going low carb. I've now got some inspiration!

danielt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought that recipe looked really good - was it one of @WhitbyJet's recipes? A lot of the ones I've linked so far were from her :)

Been a bit quiet here as home internet is down, I've been using my lunch hour to do boring things like pay bills. Should be back up by tomorrow evening though, so will get stuck back in to the list :)

Hi Purplekat it was ! The watercress and leek roulade is great too. I have frozen two portions not sure how it will defreeze will report back later when we have it again! :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Good morning... I have just found this thread, only to find it stops on August 10... :( Have I missed something? Have you started a new thread chaps? Help? Very new to all this... Thank you...

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Good morning... I have just found this thread, only to find it stops on August 10... :( Have I missed something? Have you started a new thread chaps? Help? Very new to all this... Thank you...
Hi Susikav :) I'm still here.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hey veggies :cat:

We traditionally have Sarah Brown's cashew roast for Christmas dinner, but it is full of parsnips and breadcrumbs! Today I tried making a lower carb version by

- swapping the parsnips for celeriac (500g unpeeled weight)
- swapping wholemeal bread for Burgen soya and linseed bread (2 and a half slices)

I also doubled the rosemary and thyme to 1 tsp each of dried. Will serve with loads of lovely festive veg.

http://www.food.com/recipe/layered-cashew-and-mushroom-nut-roast-244571

Vegan version - last year (pre-diagnosis) I made mini versions for a vegan buffet by swapping the egg for a goo made from 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water. Omitted the mushrooms. Cooked in little silicon muffin tins. Worked very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey veggies :cat:

We traditionally have Sarah Brown's cashew roast for Christmas dinner, but it is full of parsnips and breadcrumbs! Today I tried making a lower carb version by

- swapping the parsnips for celeriac (500g unpeeled weight)
- swapping wholemeal bread for Burgen soya and linseed bread (2 and a half slices)

I also doubled the rosemary and thyme to 1 tsp each of dried. Will serve with loads of lovely festive veg.

http://www.food.com/recipe/layered-cashew-and-mushroom-nut-roast-244571

Vegan version - last year (pre-diagnosis) I made mini versions for a vegan buffet by swapping the egg for a goo made from 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water. Omitted the mushrooms. Cooked in little silicon muffin tins. Worked very well.

23vj6lg.jpg
That is great recipe, not just for veggies/vegans, it is healthy for all.
"1 tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water" is very clever.( did not know that )
All we have to do, is swap the butter. being the vegan thing.
Thanks @Avocado Sevenfold Absolutely brilliant for Christmas.
images

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well, (she says, trying to be reasonable) maybe Delia is feeding Lilliputians...
There can be no other explanation.

Elsewhere on her site, she says it serves one. I am erring on the side of caution in case I eat too little and a gust of wind carries me off :rolleyes:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There can be no other explanation.

Elsewhere on her site, she says it serves one. I am erring on the side of caution in case I eat too little and a gust of wind carries me off :rolleyes:

I have always erred on the side of caution and have never been carried off by a gust of wind so I think it works.

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Well, (she says, trying to be reasonable) maybe Delia is feeding Lilliputians...
She must be feeding small people, it sounds just enough for me, and I'm not very large... :) It sounds lush...

Reactions: 2 people

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Back online regularly now, after a number of issues (technical, financial, & work pcs blocking the website :( ). Got quite a bit of catching up to do, but I still have more to add to the list so will hopefully get back to that soon. Feels quite strange being back online properly, not just hurried glances at my email via my mobile phone!