Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great story @Enclave - good to hear of someone's very hard work paying off :) You can go out for a meal & order from the menu without all the maths!

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great story @Enclave - good to hear of someone's very hard work paying off :) You can go out for a meal & order from the menu without all the maths!
I wished ... The wife is a very strict veggie and will not eat out .. If we need to eat out then it's a bowl of plain salad leaves from the local supermarket, and a small jar of mayonnaise... Looking forward to that .. :(

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: cheese on Livlife toast
L: nothing
D: two big mushrooms stuffed with feta, walnuts and thyme. Chocolate chip almond muffin

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I wished ... The wife is a very strict veggie and will not eat out .. If we need to eat out then it's a bowl of plain salad leaves from the local supermarket, and a small jar of mayonnaise... Looking forward to that .. :(
Have you checked out this site for finding veggie and vegan restaurants in your area?

http://www.happycow.net/m/

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ah - bummer! In that case I'd stay home with cheese on toast & an apple turnover ;)

B: coffee/cream
L: coffee/cream
S: (breaking fast) macadamias & swiss cheese
D: road testing a veg version of this http://lindawagner.net/blog/2014/06/paleo-chinese-chicken-salad/index.html . Used red cabbage, left out the fresh coriander ( :***: ) & will serve on shredded greens. Dressing smells nice so I have high hopes.

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
B: 1 Banana & Latte.
L: Ate out: Plate of chips with mayonnaise, salt & vinegar. (Yum:smug:).
D: will have 3 Cheese Muffins (shop bought) with sliced Red Leicester and sliced Mushrooms grilled.

Reactions: 3 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat yogurt and flax
L: cucumber, olives and small amount of cheese
D: mushroom stir fry (need some fresh ginger and garlic so not as yummy as it should have been)

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

It's a savoury Japanese pancake @Kat100 - almost always has shredded cabbage in it & sweet mayo on it but other than that can vary from region to region. I'm planning to use shredded cabbage, some grated carrot, some smoky tempeh bacon & spring onion.
Thank you @Safi I thought it was something nice .. Yes I would like that very much .. I love food from around the world ..
One of my favourites is a pancake made out of lentils , chickpea flour served with spicy lentils for breakfast with a nice yougurt and mint chutney .. :)

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Usual Homemade Alpen breakfast ..

Lentils spicy with a little lite bread for lunch .. I think ..

Later it's cauliflower leak cheese bake with chedder and Stilton cheese sauce with almond milk I always use almond milk ..
A few roasted carrots , one parsnip and one potato
Green beans to .. Looking forward to it ..

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I've been wanting to try courgetti and today found it in M&S. :)

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, yes I am still a bit amazed that I can eat this and not send my blood sugars in to outer orbit :cat:
I was found very early with my T2 so expect that helped .. Told all the wrong advice that I followed for three months ... Pushing my blood sugars in to orbit .. Then about 2 years ago went quite low carb ... Around 20 to 30g of carbs a day .... Yes at first it was hard ... But some of my extra weight dropped away (I lost 5st in 18 months) got my health back, heart problems have reduced and I stopped taking statins (not recommended without the help of the heart nurse who monitored me closely in the withdrawal time from the statins)
I still eat almost low carb ..and high fat .. But as a treat I can have a treat now of carbs .. I don't want to put on the weight again as I still have 2 st to loose and my weight has been stable for a few months now.
I still feel it cannot be real .. Eating carbs and not going over the normal blood sugar levels .. Last night after a big chocolate covered ice cream I only went up to 6.0 .. 2 hours after eating ... Confirmed by using three different meters !!!!!! Pinch me .. As it feels like I have a achieved the impossible.

I found when I increased ..yes increased my fat intake ..olive oil and coconut oils... My weight reduced faster :) hope this helps

Edit to add .... The wife says no food is off limits .. But I can only have the quantity that the carb counting allows ... When I first went low carb I wanted a chease and onion pasty... I got my wish ..but I only had a fith of the pasty and a fresh salard ... So after that I refrained from wanting high carb foods !

Congrats on the weight loss... And bringing your blood glucose to normal levels...This is amazing ..... Well Done!! You're such an inspiration

Thank you so much for starting this thread .... Great work!!!

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fasting b.s. was 7.8 this morning. (Before bed was 6.9 - so I ate a handful of Walnuts).

B: Latte.
L: 2 slices of Hovis Wheatgerm toasted with butter.
(2 hours after lunch - b.s. down to 6.5.)
D: Homemade Vegetable Bake. = All part steamed Red Cabbage, Carrots, Sprouts, Broccoli and New Potatoes. With a onion,celery,red,green,yellow (capsicum) peppers and cheese sauce.

7pm: 1 Toasted Hot Cross Bun with butter.

K

Kat100

Now that toasted hot cross bun sounds good ..
I do have one sometimes .. Makes me think of Easter :)

Today. .
Usual Alpen soya milk (oats and blueberries today )

Lunch tomato soup and a small piece of bread .. A pear ..

Tonight .. Another cheese and veg bake with lovely veggies ..
Cooking now and looking forward to it

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Latte
L: 1Toasted Hot X Bun with Butter.( go on @Kat100 treat yourself:))
D: Vegetable Bake (made 2 yesterday).

Later: 1 warmed mince pie with sugar free custard.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: A Latte.
L: packet of Noodles with Vegetable Oxo.
D: 4 (halves) Cheese Muffins, with Red Leicester Cheese and sliced Mushrooms, toasted.

Later: Going to have a toasted Hot X Bun with butter. (that's them gone, but know someone else may have some!!!= Kat100?:))

K

Kat100

Haha bought some today , for toasting tomorrow :) and a large tub of that coyo yogurt ..

B Alpen soya milk

L bread well half a roll , cheese tomatoes and a pear

D lentil with spinach (spicy) little rice

Later Apple and high % chocolate .. :)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you checked out this site for finding veggie and vegan restaurants in your area?

http://www.happycow.net/m/
Thank you for the link ... we know the findhorn foundation have a veggie eating place ... not quite for us ... all brown rice, bread and lentils. Is only around 10 miles away .. the next one is in I think dundee way .. a 4 hour train ride away, quick cup of tea and get back on the train to get home to feed the hens.

Edit to add .. today I have eaten :bag:
B .. cheese on toast
L .. Veggie sausage & fried egg sandwich (wholemeal bread)
D .. big lentil soup with 10 cheddar baskets
S .. chocolate covered Ice cream ..

testing all the time .. nothing over 6.5 !!!!! Its my birthday tomorrow .. the wife will do a party for me with close friends .. I will have birthday cake and sweets ... chips .. everything I have not dare eat for the last 2 years .. I will test ... or maybe not as it is my birthday :singing::cyclops: :blackeye:

Edit to add update ... Well I had an amazing birthday .... Lots of forbidden foods ...and a little drink ... Tested highest 6.1 .... It really is my birthday :))))))) so full of carbs and chocolate I am looking forward to being back on low carb ...:)

Last edited by a moderator: