Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

No time to cook this week so I'll be mainly munching through batches of chia pud and mince (not together)

B: cheese omelette
L: blueberry chia pudding with flaked almonds. Creamy decaf
D: quorn chilli mince and veg with grated cheese

Reactions: 4 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all - thanks for this thread. My son turned veggie a few months back and I've been struggling to think of things to make him. Already have a little list of new things to try thanks to you all xx

Puddleglum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Tell us what you have eaten today ..

This is a forum for vegetarians .. So please no meat references ..
A Vegetarian is someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish* or by-products of slaughter.
sorry but there is many types of Vegetarians: how about ovo- lacto veggies (like me) and if you eat fish that is sometimes classed as been a veggie too but i must say not in my book it isnt and then the other end of the stick is the Vegans too

i could go on with this but i think you will get my point

Puddleglum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all - thanks for this thread. My son turned veggie a few months back and I've been struggling to think of things to make him. Already have a little list of new things to try thanks to you all xx
you might try the magazine cook vegetarian they have loads of really good veggie recipes to suit all pockets

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

sorry but there is many types of Vegetarians: how about ovo- lacto veggies (like me) and if you eat fish that is sometimes classed as been a veggie too but i must say not in my book it isnt and then the other end of the stick is the Vegans too

I think @Enclave went with the lacto-ovo veg theme as that is the most common type in the UK (according to the Vegetarian Society). A vegan recipe thread has been started. I guess dairy free and egg free folk will start threads if they want. But no fish threads in this sub-forum because they are animals :)

Reactions: 6 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@Puddleglum

I think you will find that I posted

This is a forum for vegetarians .. So please no meat references ..
A Vegetarian is someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or by-products of slaughter.

The foods eaten do include a
diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs.
A vegetarian will not eat Fish and should never be classed as a vegetarian if they do.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been out of town for a bit but managed OK I think. Took a collection of flax muffins/almond breads/nuts/berries so had breakfasts & lunches covered. Ate out for dinner but apart from one night where I succumbed to a sliver (OK - a fairly fat sliver!) of pide & a sliver (true sliver this time) of dark chocolate cake buried in cream it wasn't toooooo tricky :)

Back to my usual now.

B: flax/psyllium toast with peanut butter & smooshed blueberries. Coffee with cream.
L: coconut/garlic/herb flat bread with swiss cheese/salad/dijon mustard
D: Friday night is burger night so a veg burger with salad & some cauliflower tots

Been a bit more active the past few days & have managed to snack my way through a pretty impressive amount of nuts :oops:

Reactions: 5 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: nuts/swiss cheese/creamy coffee
L: chipotle/lime coleslaw with avocado
D: homemade veg 'meatballs' in spicy tomato sauce on salad with cheese

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: blueberry/walnut flax muffin with butter
L: coconut flat bread with swiss cheese, tempeh bacon & mustard & a couple of spinach puffs
D: eggs/vegemite/avocado on toasted soy & linseed

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For dinner today I had a lovely fresh salad with hot beetroot ... and coleslaw ...yummmmmm

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: spicy almond bread with butter/vegemite & coffee/cream - had to be out the door early
L: flax/psyllium muffin with mushroom pate
D: planning cabbage 'noodles' with pesto

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: spicy almond bread with butter/vegemite & coffee/cream - had to be out the door early
L: flax/psyllium muffin with mushroom pate
D: planning cabbage 'noodles' with pesto
sounds lovely :)

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
sounds lovely :)

The cabbage 'noodles' were fabulous @Enclave - I've decided I prefer them to the zucchini ones & I definitely prefer them to pasta :)

B: flax/psyllium toast with peanut butter & a couple of brazil nuts
L: garlic/cheese/tomato/walnut flax muffin with some avocado, some hummus & 3 spinach puffs - had a big walk after breakfast
D: planning to have a grilled asparagus, tomato & tempeh bacon omelette with hollandaise sauce

K

Kat100

All sounds nice ... Everyone's food ..
Made my veggie sausage hot pot tonight ..
Don't know why but it just did not taste right ..think it was salt and herbs .. Lacking ..
Looking for new ideas in the new year .. Perhaps I was tired or something ..
This time of year it's hard to think up new ideas I find .. But that's just me maybe :)

K

Kat100

Been out of town for a bit but managed OK I think. Took a collection of flax muffins/almond breads/nuts/berries so had breakfasts & lunches covered. Ate out for dinner but apart from one night where I succumbed to a sliver (OK - a fairly fat sliver!) of pide & a sliver (true sliver this time) of dark chocolate cake buried in cream it wasn't toooooo tricky :)

Back to my usual now.

B: flax/psyllium toast with peanut butter & smooshed blueberries. Coffee with cream.
L: coconut/garlic/herb flat bread with swiss cheese/salad/dijon mustard
D: Friday night is burger night so a veg burger with salad & some cauliflower tots

Been a bit more active the past few days & have managed to snack my way through a pretty impressive amount of nuts :oops:
I like the burger night idea ... Good inspiration .. Thanks

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Burger night again tonight along with more cauliflower tots.
Made a massive batch of the cauli tots yesterday & had some last night along with other random bits & pieces - a couple of spinach puffs, a few carrot sticks, some mashed avocado & homemade hummus & a bit of coconut flat bread. I love 'bitty' meals in the summer :)

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All sounds nice ... Everyone's food ..
Made my veggie sausage hot pot tonight ..
Don't know why but it just did not taste right ..think it was salt and herbs .. Lacking ..
Looking for new ideas in the new year .. Perhaps I was tired or something ..
This time of year it's hard to think up new ideas I find .. But that's just me maybe :)

Not just you @Kat100 - I start to run out of both inspiration & steam by years end!

K

Kat100

Not just you @Kat100 - I start to run out of both inspiration & steam by years end!
Hi @Safi .. That's a good summary , running out of steam ..
I am just working out the four days Christmas holiday weekend .. It will come together ..keeping it simple ...
But this time of year I seem to not want much to eat .. It weird always been like that ..
Salad would suit me fine untill next year X
Keep thinking of a new veggie book I will look in the sales ..

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A new ingredient can provide inspiration too @Kat100 - chipotle chillis saved me from my last major cooking rut :)

I know what you mean about not wanting to eat. I think all the food preparation during the holidays can actually dampen the appetite - you get sick of the sight of the stuff!

B: chocolate/coconut/chilli flat bread with peanut butter
L: almond bread with avocado, olives & walnuts
D: haloumi & hummus salad

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: blueberry/walnut flax muffin
L: salad with some brie & a bit of almond bread
D: tomato, olive & jalapeno pizza omelette