Verucca treatment

SOTR

Just discovered a verucca. I will be making an appointment with my GP - I know corn plasters ar a no-no for diabetics and I guess that goes for over the counter preparations with salicylic acid etc.
Any advice please - making it clear I will be consulting GP.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess that goes for over the counter preparations with salicylic acid etc.
Why?

If you don't have neuropathy I can't see any reason why regular verruca treatment should be problematic..
Even with neuropathy I'm not sure why it should be a problem to be honest..

Have I missed something somewhere?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it may matter if, like Bulk said, you have neuropathy... Or, and that's something to consider, your blood sugars run high. If you're high all the time it impairs your ability to heal and you'd be infection-prone. But yeah, ask the doc to be on the safe side.

I do have to say though, I used to break my toes on a regular basis and I wasn't allowed to have them taped to a well toe next to it, because "Diabetes!!". I have excellent sugars and no neuropathy, but once diagnosed they kind of tend to blanket things like that. (I taped my own toes repeatedly instead, and I haven't lost a foot yet.)

Reactions: HSSS

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, all those products have a warning against being used by diabetics. I think they have to assume worst case and that they might be sued by someone who has no feeling and healing issues who then causes themselves great damage.
They seem to make no allowance for people with intelligence and common sense and full feeling...

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I had a verruca a few years ago the podiatrist I saw said to just leave it and it would go away on it's own, which it did. I don't think that advice was specifically because of my diabetes though.

finsit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a small verruca a memory from high BG days i guess :) I have no neuropathy and perfectly normal blood glucose now for over 9 months. So what treatment you guys suggest or should i see a GP? its a very small verruca on the padding of 5th metatarsal bone on my right foot. I run and jog without any pain, but it hurts with pinching and if im wearing hard shoes but not any other issues. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Dee-Cee

As a newbie to the whole diabetes thing I know very little, but verrucas I have dealt with as my kids have had them…
Neat tea tree oil, dabbed on the verruca regularly (every day) has always worked for us. My youngest got rid of his in a week, they seem to dry up and fall out!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You only need to worry about your feet if your BS is regularly high. Yes do try Tea Tree oil. I also find abrading the verruca helps remove mine more quickly as it reduces the 'burrowing' effect. It could take good few weeks to go but they always do go.