Very frustated and tired

Azmol.ali

Hi

Went home yesterday after long day at work sugar level was 3.8 very worrying.

This morning checked first one showed 7.2 but I think this was due to me not putting enough blood on the lacett as it got the metre I could see only half was full.

So I done two more just to make sure one came back at 4.9 the other at 4.6 are these result including the 3.8 above too low?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Anything below 4 mmol/l is considered hypo territory and should be avoided.

Were the readings pre or post meal ? I often get a fasting(waking) Bg of 4-5 which is quite normal.

Ken

Azmol.ali

The 4.6 and 4.9 were waking results which were done this morning.

The 3.8 was done before eating in the evening first time its been that low.

So I do not understand why it was so low normally my result in the evening before eating are between 4.5 and 5.0

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
When it is low it is usually because you have not eaten for a while. Do you eat regular meals, maybe have a snack as well to keep levels just a little higher to avoid the hypo area ?

There may be other causes but I would address this area first and see if things improve.

Ken

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
3.8 very worrying.
I don't think that a one off reading of 3.8mmol should worry you unduly. Firstly, meter readings can easily be 10% out. A bg level of 4mmol could register on a meter at anything between 3.6 and 4.4.
Secondly, you had a tiring day, you used up your fuel and needed to eat. You are not in danger unless you are taking insulin or medications such a sulphonylureas which can derease your levels further. As Ken says try eating a small snack on a hard working afternoon to keep your levels from dipping too low.

Azmol.ali

Thanks all,

It was a bit of a shock when I went home last night a bit of panic did set in.

I am all new to this so a bit stressed out as well.