Very high BG, Exante VLCD & Sukkarto

Rayneeh72

Diagnosed with type 2 a few months ago and started on sukkarto but it upset my stomach so when I started a new job I gave up & ignored for a few months. Not a good idea! BG 26.4 today signed up for exante & back on the meds. Just wondered how other people’s journeys began?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
For me it was Low Carb (very low) way of eating. No meds, no extra exercise, no calorie counting, hunger.

Reactions: LaoDan and KidDougi

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I cut out the 'healthy' carbs I was being encouraged to eat to lower cholesterol, went back to eating as I did doing Atkins and that sorted things out.
I was put on tablets but had such a bad reaction to them I stopped taking them, just stuck to the low carb foods.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some people can tolerate Met/Sukkarto no problem some have issues and get put on slow release. That worked better for me but still had some days when upset stomach etc albeit much less frequent. The low carb with excersise certainly works but can become a chore.
A lot of it is mindset imo. When the numbers are going down BG and weight then great but it's easy to get downhearted and slip out of the good habits. Everyone's different but the aim is to get the numbers in line and wean away from all meds, well that's my aim anyway. Hopefully the new meds will stabilise you and you can get sorted