Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Such sad news, GG was my fellow mod for a number of years here and was a lovely, kind person to work alongside, I really am shocked to hear this..

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This thread is the only one to bring tears to my eyes. I had the privilege of meeting GG at the All Party Parliamentary Group for Diabetes in London a few years back. She was one of those people you couldn't fault and leaves a whole too big to fill, she just had a way about her. I recall having banter over our north London football team rivalry, I do hope Arsenal can win the Premiership (only this year), so that we can associate her success with theirs.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She was one of my early inspirations after logging on here.
A great contributor to the forum.

Her legacy will be in the body of knowledgeable posts still found on here.
May they be an inspiration to others as they were to me.

wozey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We don’t know how long we have on this earth but if you can depart having been the best person you can be and helping those in need along the way then that time will have been well spent. RIP

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Goonergal and I joined the forum at about the same time, I always found her posts to be thoughtful and helpful as she built up a large body of knowledge over the years.
A good kind person, she will be missed by all.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Friends, it is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to let you know that our friend, colleague and fellow traveller, Goonergal has passed away, after a short but courageous battle with an aggressive cancer. Goonergal died last Monday night.

Goonergal was a great supporter of this forum and worked tirelessly during her period as a Moderator. She felt it was a way of giving back to a community who had given her so much.

My heartfelt condolences go to her family, friends, both on and off-line and those who loved her. I know I will miss her enormously. Goonergal’s family have asked their privacy is respected at this time.

Goonergal was a very special person, the likes of whom we don’t encounter too often. Rest easy my friend. Rest easy.

Mods: I appreciate this isn't strictly on-topic on this sub-forum, but Goonergal was know by so many I didn't want it to be lost in anywhere too specific. Sorry!

Sad and somewhat shocked to read this. Thanks for posting .

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quick post to let everyone interested know that Goonergal's funeral was on Friday. It was a very personal occasion beautifully put together by her family and friends. Very, very fitting.

Gone, but not to be forgotten.