Vitamin C can reduce Bg levels ?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have been taking vitamin c (3000mg for 2 years), now 1000mg for 8 months, as there was an interesting article written by some person with the name Dwayne (??) a medical doctor for NASA who was deliberating the benfits of vitamin c and the statin drugs...

Don't know if there are any really benefits but I am loathe to give up my supplements just incase. This year I had a cold for a few days, but I haven't had any illness at all for many, many years, infact too long for me to even remember when i last had a cold or anything other than my fibromyalgia wrong with me. I also take an over 50's multivitamin (even though 47), plus plant sterols.

There has been a lot written in past few years about vitamin c being better for elasticity of arteries than other pills given out by gp's. Only time will tell, if I live till I am a 100-then it will have to be the supplements......but who will be around to record and write the details up for me.....???

phraedus

Four years ago I had PAD(peripheral arterial disease) 58% oclluison in my right femoral artery .

I googled for a solution; google pauling rath vit c lysine

Pauling therapy Daily Dose to reduce blockages
Vitamin C L-Lysine
3-6grams 3-6 gram
L-Proline
0.5 - 1.5 gram

I followed the protocol for 2 months at the maximum dose; MRI doppler shift ultrasound revealed occlusion gone. Been a fan of vitamin c ever since currently take 1500 mg divided dose slow release tablets.After viewing Thornalley's rat study decided to supplement benfotiamine 300mg /d divided dose. Also take 4gm fish oil capsules/d.