1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Vitamin C can reduce Bg levels ?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by Soundgen, Nov 6, 2009.

1. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

I have been taking vitamin c (3000mg for 2 years), now 1000mg for 8 months, as there was an interesting article written by some person with the name Dwayne (??) a medical doctor for NASA who was deliberating the benfits of vitamin c and the statin drugs...

Don't know if there are any really benefits but I am loathe to give up my supplements just incase. This year I had a cold for a few days, but I haven't had any illness at all for many, many years, infact too long for me to even remember when i last had a cold or anything other than my fibromyalgia wrong with me. I also take an over 50's multivitamin (even though 47), plus plant sterols.

There has been a lot written in past few years about vitamin c being better for elasticity of arteries than other pills given out by gp's. Only time will tell, if I live till I am a 100-then it will have to be the supplements......but who will be around to record and write the details up for me.....???

2. phraedus

phraedus · Active Member

Four years ago I had PAD(peripheral arterial disease) 58% oclluison in my right femoral artery .

I googled for a solution; google pauling rath vit c lysine

Pauling therapy Daily Dose to reduce blockages
    Vitamin C L-Lysine
    3-6grams 3-6 gram
    L-Proline
    0.5 - 1.5 gram

I followed the protocol for 2 months at the maximum dose; MRI doppler shift ultrasound revealed occlusion gone. Been a fan of vitamin c ever since currently take 1500 mg divided dose slow release tablets.After viewing Thornalley's rat study decided to supplement benfotiamine 300mg /d divided dose. Also take 4gm fish oil capsules/d.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook