Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi all.
I get rechecked and tested for my vitamin D levels twice yearly.
Been driving around today with my convertible top down today, its a great way to keep the vitamin D topped up!!!
Mr sunshine on me . . . :D :D :D
Levels for vitamin D should read over 50 - mine were at its worst 23.5 under half the acceptable level.[felt so drained and weary at this time] Dont ever want to feel like that again! .
Now I do read a far healthier 53.6 had the vitaminD injections then daily calcichew vitaminD forte twice a day.
Am getting out and about in this great weather , plus am whizzing about in my open topped car keeping the vitaminD levels safetly upped...
On the topic at the minute - I did have to ask and insist that I was tested at my diabetes clinic , they reluctantly agreeed to do it as I was so insistant it must be done!
Was called in 2weeks later to be told I was way below the acceptable level. Put straight onto injections plus the tablet meds.
Took about 3 months to kick in and do the job , never looked back since, so was worth it !
Anna.x :)

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont understand how people get away with making a fuss and insisting.

I am too afraid of being de-listed and not having a doctors round here who will take me on to risk making a fuss. :oops:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi lucylocket.
Even better was when I TOLD THEM SO .... after they announced I was INDEED low in vitaminD levels .
I am tuned into my own body far better than them [HCP's] so I firmly stick to my guns and ask for what is my patient right to be tested for.
We are the patient and they are a cog in the wheel keeping things going round n round so to speak.
No one can actually delist you unless being abusive , to firmly state and request ISNT being abusive, try asking straight then give a warm smile immediately after asking ... Am sure this will do the trick ! :D
Anna.x :)

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I felt so bad, I had no energy, was tired all the time, I could hardly keep up with my job, my memory was terrible, I felt cold all the time. I would spend all day on Sunday in bed, just so I could get through the week. I would go to the doctor every couple of months and I would end up in tears. He had put me firmly in the chronic fatigue box. I was seeing the chronic fatigue nurse, a psychologist and was on anti-depressants. I was absolutely positive that I didn't have chronic fatigue or ME, that it was something physical.

Ok, the internet is probably not the place to go trying to self diagnose, I was already on iron tablets. I decided to find out what else could be causing my horrendous tiredness. When I felt up to it, I went searching. I found Hypothyroid as a cause of tiredness - got that tested - not that. I found Vitamin B12 deficiency - got that tested - not that. My BS levels at 7.0 - 8.0 probably weren't helping. Went to the chronic fatigue nurse, got told about pacing - that didn't really help. Psychologist helped a bit, but not much. Went to gasterenterologist about my IBS-D, had x-rays, he told me that my digestive system was too fast and gave me Amytriptyline which slowed it down but put my BS up.

Back to my doctor again (in tears again) and he referred me to and Endocrinologist, as he suspected I had Cushings Syndrome. She didn't think it was Cushings Syndrome, but took a whole bunch of blood tests and at my request one for Vitamin D.

A couple of weeks later a letter came from the Endo, I was Vitamin D deficient, had I not asked for the test, I would probably be still suffering 15 months on. It still annoys me that my doctor didn't test me for this deficiency as in his words 'you don't wear a burkha'. Once I told the chronic fatigue nurse that I was Vitamin D deficient, she said that she had been to a conference where it was discussed and said 'you don't need to see me again - you will be fine'.

I still have to be careful and not overdo things, so I am not 100% cured of the terrible tiredness, but things are so much better, but the reason for me getting deficient - staying indoors working in an office have not gone away, although I should be absorbing more vitamin D from my food as I have a lot less problems with IBS-D since I cut out wheat from my diet.

RohitKishor

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Signs and Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency Getting Sick, Tiredness, Bone and Back Pain, Depression, Impaired Wound Healing, Bone Loss, Hair Loss and Muscle Pain.

rsharmauk

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Been using Vitamin D3 with/basis of olive oil and its been working fine with me and people I know. Kids are benefiting a lot too. brand I been using is Oilesen D3 they are made in Switzerland by Valentis Life Science . They can be shopped online via website.