Type 2 Waiting for c-peptide results

Emmasndco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone had to wait a long time for blood test results for c-peptide to measure the amount of insulin they are producing. Had my blood test on 29 jan and I’m still waiting. My GP has said the hospital save them up and batch test them. I’m getting impatient for the results.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Havnt had c peptide but have had loads of other blood tests - the maximum turn around time in my area for producing blood test results is 1 week the results are availble to the doctors online

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone had to wait a long time for blood test results for c-peptide to measure the amount of insulin they are producing. Had my blood test on 29 jan and I’m still waiting. My GP has said the hospital save them up and batch test them. I’m getting impatient for the results.
Yes. They ended up taking 3 samples from me across a period of two months because the results of the first two simply 'never came back'. Great eh!

Emmasndco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Havnt had c peptide but have had loads of other blood tests - the maximum turn around time in my area for producing blood test results is 1 week the results are availble to the doctors online
Thanks Boo, my bloods normally only take a couple of days to come back. I was told the c-peptide isn’t done very often, and the hospital does them in batches as they are fairly expensive.

Emmasndco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes. They ended up taking 3 samples from me across a period of two months because the results of the first two simply 'never came back'. Great eh!
I really hope they don’t take that long KK, I have a hospital appointment next Monday and really hoped I would have the results by then to discuss a new treatment plan.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really hope they don’t take that long KK, I have a hospital appointment next Monday and really hoped I would have the results by then to discuss a new treatment plan.
Emma, without wishing to put you off, even when I got mine back they said it was at the 'low end of normal' and still didn't prove a diagnosis conclusively. I think all of these 'extra' tests do help some though so good luck.