waiting in A and E

leahkian

I was sent to the hospital by my GP to the admissions ward and when I got there was no beds so was sent to A and E(blood hi, keytones 2.9 and vomiting). I was seen by triage nurse who asked what was a matter told her and was sent out and told that I would see a doctor in about an hour. In time as was waiting I vomited again and looked ill as a woman told me. Then a diabetic nurse came to see me and took me to a room, she did my blood was hi and keytones were 3.8. Then she went out and got a doctor who admitted me and said that I should have not been left in a and e. I hope that am the only one this has happened to as I was ill.

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Get better soon! I hope they sort you out now you have been admitted.

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi Leahkian, hope they sort you out real soon, will be thinking of you xx

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hope u soon feel better

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hope you get better soon! Hope the following cheer you up!
image.jpg
image.jpg

AMBrennan

Yes, if you are not acutely dying (heart attack, bleeding out from major trauma, etc) you may have to wait a bit in A&E although I'm not sure why your GP didn't send you to A&E to begin with.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
When I was taken to hospital with DKA I was admitted to the acute medical unit and was told I'd be seen quicker there.

leahkian

Thank you all for the kind words, feeling better now just feel like a dart board with all the injections