"Warmness" in left leg

Soupladel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have recently noticed that the sensations in my left leg differ from that of my right leg, it is such a slight difference that I cannot categorically define it as numbness but it feels like it might be.

I first noticed it when going to bed, our room is generally quite cool and when my left keg rubs against the bed before I get in, the quilt or bed sheets feel warm, when I know them to be cold, if I rub my right leg in a similar manner it feels as I would expect touching a cold quilt or bed sheet.

In addition to metformin, I am taking naproxen and cocodamol for an as yet undiagnosed joint complaint for which I am being referred to a rheumatologist.

I have recently had my foot check and everything was fine and I was told I was low risk for circulation problems.

Is it possible this reduced sensation could be the very early onset of some form of neuropathy?

Adele99

Sounds like it to me. I've both sensory and motor nerve damage in both legs. Sometimes I get the sensation of warmth running down the lower part of my legs. Also feel as if my legs are warm, when in fact they're really cold to touch as I've little circualtion in both legs.

If this is the reason only advice given is to try hard to improve your overall blood sugar readings,which can helpr the nerves repair and stops further damage.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I was diagnosed T2D 13 years ago with that symptom - & no others. Dr said it was peripheral neuropathy. I was aware of it all the time, but it didn't bother me until I was put on simvastatin when it became serious muscle pain. Giving up simv restored it to "normal" numb sensation. But, after 7 years of the DUK high starchy carb diet it became crippling. Then I came to this forum & learned about low carb. Cutting right down on carbs cleared that & other complications. I am now well & active.

I found that that leg gave an "early warning" that I was doing something wrong - simv for cholesterol, then Dr tried niacin, which I took for only 3 weeks before the leg indicated trouble.

High blood sugar affects the nerve endings, giving odd sensations.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
GO get it checked, by your. GP. or. Your Diabetic Team, but do get it checked really soon,