Watching your hypos

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I have noticed that when I have a hypo of usually 3.3 to 3.8, it is because of not being vigilant about time.
For example if I wake up 2 hrs. earlier than usual, but eat brunch at the same time, it is very likely that
a hypo will occur. The same occurs for supper. So sticking to the same times is the safest.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It is important I agree.

I have a pump... One basal eate is set up to AM shift when I get up at 4.50. Another set up for PM shifts when I get up at 8am and a lie in rate when I get up at anywhere between 9-10am.
Without my pump I couldn't do this....
The pump allows me some flexibility without fears of hypo's.
The differences in timins for me for my DP And coping with it is huge. No way did I ever have such good control on lie ins or shifts as I do now.
I always had to get up at the same time otherwise suffer the consequences when I was on mdi.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
It is important I agree.

I have a pump... One basal eate is set up to AM shift when I get up at 4.50. Another set up for PM shifts when I get up at 8am and a lie in rate when I get up at anywhere between 9-10am.
Without my pump I couldn't do this....
The pump allows me some flexibility without fears of hypo's.
The differences in timins for me for my DP And coping with it is huge. No way did I ever have such good control on lie ins or shifts as I do now.
I always had to get up at the same time otherwise suffer the consequences when I was on mdi.

Interesting Donnelydogs, good for you.

At this point of history of my diabetes, I don't think my dr. is ready to apply a pump. But in a way the future looks good. I hope you do cope with the pump better than the pills which you may have started with as others did.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Interesting Donnelydogs, good for you.

At this point of history of my diabetes, I don't think my dr. is ready to apply a pump. But in a way the future looks good. I hope you do cope with the pump better than the pills which you may have started with as others did.
T1 so never had the options of pills!!

Will be intersting to see other responses from folk...