ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm 128.40kg so I've added about 3lb from my woman's do dar. That's normal and ok. I can live with that. I might still weigh myself on monday to see if its gone as that was my normal weigh-in day.
Seeing locum on wednesday about hormone tests as to whether pcos is back or starting the menopause. I cannot tell. My throid is up and down thou.
Neither wonder my weigh loss is too.
I weighed in at 127.70kgs so in the losing direction. :)

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was 131.00kgs on monday 9th may
Was 130.00kgs on monday 16th may
I'm hoping to see 129.00kgs or less on monday.
Using 60, 60, 80 mixed insulin per day.
Fbg 4.2 this morning. :)
I've just reminded myself of my up and down results.
I'm now on 55 and 60 units only.

Last edited by a moderator:

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No weight loss this week, but no gain either. It's really slowed down, I'm losing about a pound a fortnight. I might have to be stricter with portion sizes if I want to increase the speed. I think my body quite likes being this weight and doesnt want to go any lower, but my BMI is 24.7 and I want it at about 22.

It's costing me a fortune in clothes!

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's good news this week - I've lost 1 and a half pounds this week which means I'm under 11 st 7 and my bmi is 24.4 :)

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
1.25lb off this week now 12st 5.75lb, well done everyone xx

Reactions: 4 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well weighed in at 12 St 1Lb this morning so another 1 Lb lost getting closer to the next stone drop goal is to get down to about 11 St 7 Lb then will start readjusting diet to maintain that and bring down cholesterol and also hopefully reverse kidney damage..

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's getting harder going of late especially as my wife had become somewhat concerned about me continuing in the way I had been regards restricting calories soo have now eased off and upped my calories with protein and fat so have lost 1Lb again this week now at 12St 2lb and am OK with that. :)

When I consider that over six months ago when I seriously started to diet I was about 18 and one half Stone I am very happy about it.

That's a pretty serious drop in weight and I'm not surprised MrSJEG is watching. Are you showing signs of a slowing in the rate of decrease before your recent adjustment? Do you have a target weight in mind.
I came down fro, 95, sat at 75 for a couple of months and then slowly fell to 70, which I'm pretty stable at for now. "BMI" of 21.
Good stuff John.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weigh myself every 2 weeks. first thing on a sunday morning.
70 kg
which is down from previous 71 kg.
Been round this for the last 15 months.

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Whoops I managed to lose a whole bag of nuts :rolleyes:and gain 2lbs, I'm not sure that's what I was expecting 12st 6lb I had been pretty stable at 12st 4lb during the past 2 weeks.

Roll on next week:)

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Down 1lb from last Friday to 9st 13lbs today, still fluctuating up or down a couple of pounds during the intervening week though.

canemdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cool Idea, so for my first post on this site I'll post my weight. I'm newly diagnosed with Type 2 and just getting myself in to full swing of changing my diet and getting off my **** and back to the gym. I was diagnosed at 122 Kg 2 weeks ago, down to 119Kg so far.... 29 to go!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Not lost an ounce in 2 weeks. Ah well I suppose that's not bad considering the amount of food I consumed on hols.

Still need to shift about 3 kg in 3 weeks to get to doc estimated Personal Fat Threshold. Not possible in my opinion, but....

...I'm doing a supervised 4 day fast next week and 7 days starting 3 July and final 4 day leading up to lipids and A1c in 14 July.....

...ill be like a ravenous beast....haha:)

At least it's supervised.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Down 1lb from last Friday to 9st 13lbs today, still fluctuating up or down a couple of pounds during the intervening week though.
Me too @Prem51.
Thursday morning I'd lost 1kg but after weighing this morning I've stayed the same.
Warm night and had a fbg 5.6 this morning.
Ive had ice cream today but not low carb so god knows next weeks result!

slinky68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 1st post! I am type 2, diagnosed in 2012, I had gestational diabetes previously, on medication since 2014, added Victoza injections 10 weeks ago. I lost 15lbs since starting Victoza but 2 weeks ago I stopped feeling sick and having diarrea and my appetite is back.... I've put on 7lbs in those 2 weeks. Gutted!

Today I weigh 222lbs

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I posted a while back about how stable my weight was - this changed a couple of weeks back when I suddenly shot up about 4-5 kilos, so up to 100kg, which more or less happened overnight! :wideyed: I had expected to go up a little as I'd had a spell a month ago where I'd gone from rarely being hungry to being famished all the time for about a week, and was both eating more and scoffing a few too many low carb "treats" - mainly Lindt 85% dark chocolate bars, sometimes the whole lot in one go rather than my more virtuous 1-2 pieces an evening.

But I think most of my gain's been due to being rather bloated - it's felt as though someone's stuck an over-inflated rigid tyre round me under my bust, and I've been a bit windy. Though I'm not sure why as I've not eaten anything to obviously account for this. So anyway I thought maybe I should come back and join in the Friday weigh in but was having a bit of trouble finding the thread again at first. However I'm just as suddenly back to 95 kilos again now, possibly due to weeing for England again all week, but I'm still feeling a bit bloaty - and feeling so gobsmacked at my minor miracle I completely forgot to post on Friday.

Robbity

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Robbity me too.
I looked 6mths pregnant in my new skirt and colour co-ordered top. I had to put on a baggy t-shirt.
Middle age spread?
If it is it has come on very quickly.
I'm wondering if cream is doing it?
Do you use cream @Robbity ?