Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The dreaded post Xmas and post Vegas weigh-in and pleased to report the scales say 11st 13, so a gain of 1 pound which I’m over the moon with. 3st 13 lost in total. Aim for next week is to lose more than I gained and go past the 4 stone mark.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This past week was difficult for me weight wise. For a lot of the week, the scale seemed to be heading in the wrong direction. I think less exercise and portion size creep were responsible.

I managed a small loss of 0.6 lbs (0.3 kg)
This gives me an overall loss of 76.39 lbs (34.4 kg) or 5 stone 6.39

My starting weight was: 273.59 lbs (124.09 kg)
It is now: 197.2 lbs (88.7 kg)

Reactions: Prem51 and Emma_369

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5 feet eight inches

and not often of late

I reduced weight over about a year or so by 8.5 stones going from 18.5 down to 10 stones since then have put just about a stone and a few pounds back on wife and family more or less have insisted on it as they thought I had lost too much but I would prefer to keep it at about 10 stone 7 Lbs if possible.
I agree with your family. I like my kids to be healthy rather than skinny so that if they're ill they can fight it themselves rather than as an inpatient to up their strength and fluids. Many of my friends have very skinny children and every year are seriously ill. :( All unnecessary in today's world.
Too skinny doesn't guarantee illness but IF ill then your body is stronger to fight it off.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow I'm now 128.80kgs from the hospital reported 136.00kg in October/November'18
From last week's or 2wk ago 131kgs so very very happy. That's with a meal more than veg and seasoning. For a change.
Well I'm back to 128.90kgs this morning. Had gone to 130.00 on an evening. Hoping just a Christmas blip.
So this week a 1.1kg loss. About 2.5lb loss.

Seeing bariatric nurse or similiar at the end of the month for a weigh in.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Start weight 15st 12
Today’s weight 11st 9
Total weight loss 4st 3 pounds, with 4 pounds lost this week :)

Reactions: Prem51
M

Member496333

Diagnosed T2 at 61kg - one of those few who are unable to get obese. Primal ketosis reversed T2 at 63kg. Free-weight training incereased to 64.5kg whilst making my jeans looser around the waist.

Next stage - fully buffed and fighting the ladies off with a stick :shifty:

MontyZ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 pound loss since last post- RED jan definitely helping and off for another run now.

Long way to go!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm still at 157 lbs today. I haven't yet managed to lose the 2 lbs I put on over festive season.

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight loss was better this week - 3.0 lbs (1.3 kg)

I started at 273.59 lbs (123.1 kg)
I'm now 194.2 lbs (87.4 kg)
Total weight loss 79.39 lbs (35.7 kg or 5 stone 9 lbs)

My BMI went from 48.0 to 33.3

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was about to type only a pound this week but then reminded myself every ounce counts never mind a whole pound so now I proudly say I’ve lost a pound this week
Start weight 15st 12
Today’s weight 11st 8
Total lost 4st 4

Would love to see 11 and half stone on the scales next week!

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm down another 2.2 lbs (1 kg) this week.

Total weight loss so far is 81.59 lbs (36.7kg - 5 stone 11 ) My BMI is 33.0 now.

My next small goals are to get to a 6 stone (84 lb) loss and lose 30% of my starting weight. My big goal now is to get to a 100 lbs loss (currently I'm 192.0, I started at 273.59) and getting my BMI down to "overweight: (under 30.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Seeing bariatric team tomorrow and I'm still 128.90kgs, even though we've had a Christmas. I'm looking forward to more loss. :)
I'm considering reintroducing metformin but only under medical advice as its another med on top of so many already. I'll get that discussion double checked, first.
My 2nd priority is my liver.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well according to the musical scales outside the 7/11 I am exactly 70ks today (154.3lbs). I don't know how accurate they are but they were showing 71.5kg (157.6lbs) on Monday.
But I am taking that, as it brings me to my pre-Xmas figure, around 155lbs. I will celebrate by having a break from my noodle soup diet, and have fish & chips tonight, as it's Friday! :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.
11 and half stone today :D so another pound gone this week
Start weight 15st 12
Weight lose - 4stone 5 seems like I’ve slowed to a pound a week now so perhaps im reaching my bodies comfortable weight. Will see what happens though

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Seeing bariatric team tomorrow and I'm still 128.90kgs, even though we've had a Christmas. I'm looking forward to more loss. :)
I'm considering reintroducing metformin but only under medical advice as its another med on top of so many already. I'll get that discussion double checked, first.
My 2nd priority is my liver.
OMG!
I weighed even less than my rubbish scales.
I weighed in at 127.00kgs which is great compared to my previous weight in October'18 to be 136.00kgs.
Im delighted.
Maybe the thrush from Dapagliflozin is worth it after all.
I'm delighted and so is bariatric team. I'm now going to be put on the 18wk minimum waiting list...... at last.
Its took 3yrs to get from 139.00kgs with a readded 2st due to Metformin failing me.
Fingers crossed for a continuous loss and no Dapagliflozin derailment.
I was 121kgs early last year so I'd like to storm that weight loss target now.
I'm so happy. :) :) :)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, although I had a cold this week, I still got a good loss.

I'm down another 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg).
giving me a total loss of 84.39 lbs (38kg or 6 stone .39).

starting weight: 273.59 lbs (123.1kg)
current weight: 189.2 lbs (85.1 kg)

I've lost another 1.25" off my waist for a total of 11" lost.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The 7/11 musical scales show 68.8kg today (151.6lbs). That's a loss of almost 3lbs since last week.
Another celebratory fish & chips meal tonight I think! :)