Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I've been on work experience all week and stuck in an office so I've had very little exercise. I've gone back up to 11 stone 1 :(

Reactions: Freema

kevin hogg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
18stone9lbs don't seem to be going anywhere, after initial lossof2stones.
Don't go up or down by more than 1lb and haven't for weeks.
Must be the red wine as I am very hard on myself with carbs ave 20grms a day.
Even after running the stairs and walking a couple of miles
Big Kev is only a little smaller

Reactions: Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
23/9/16 - weighed myself this morning and remained the same as last Friday = 12 stone 12lbs. :)

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I have thought long and hard about whether to post this week or not -- it is now 3 weeks since I lost any further weight. At the moment I am going with it and just carrying on - how long I leave it before I decide I need to change something to get the weight moving again (in a downwards direction) I do not know. It is a struggle right now just to keep blood sugars stable, so I wondered if it was worth posting a not.
My decision you can see was to post anyway and my hope is that if anyone else is feeling the same then they do not feel alone in this.
Many of you have lost huge amounts of weight and many of you have found a life style that you can live with and manage your blood sugars - I am no where near that lucky, I struggle at times, yes I have lost a large amount of weight but it has take me a long time to get this far and I still have a long way to go. I have managed to find a breakfast that works really well for me and lunch is mainly salad but evening meals I still have a problem with - I am just so fussy I have yet to find anything other than lamb chops and veg that keeps my sugars stable..... Still not giving up - still looking and trying.

thank you for taking the time to read, here is to a more positive post next week.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@srobertson06 - Good on you for posting :). It may be of some help to you? Go to the top of the page and click on FORUMS, then scroll down to FOOD and NUTRITION and there you will see all kinds of diets and if you click on whichever takes your fancy, it should open up to other threads - maybe you can get some ideas from what others eat? :)

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My decision you can see was to post anyway and my hope is that if anyone else is feeling the same then they do not feel alone in this.
If we are honest with ourselves I assume that is the reason we all on this forum, to see that it is possible to lose the weight and that some others are struggling. I struggle for one and now know at least one other is. I have been stuck for over a month so in a way it is nice to know of your struggles. I have arrive at the point of now knowing I have to change something. I have taken the gradual approach and am considering giving it a quick start by fasting which I see some do. Thanks for your honest post, I am not alone.

Dave

primmers

I weighed Z stone 0 pounds and 2 ounces on August 19 when I started taking this seriously again. I'm aiming for Y stone 7 pounds-ish. On Friday I weighed X stone 11 pounds and 2 ounces. Not exactly falling off me....
Planning more exercise, fewer carbs and a better outcome. Not had a HbA1c for about 18 months. Going to book one for 12 weeks time (if I go now it will be rubbish and I'll have to have a row with the GP about not wanting meds). If I up the amount I move and adjust the sugars my body has to cope with and lose weight and still have a poor HbA1c I won't argue about the meds.
Best wishes to my fellow runners and riders. See you on Friday.

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I forgot to add last Friday I weighed in at 104 kgs down from 1st July when I was 110kgs. Have been stuck at 104 for four weeks!

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I weighed Z stone 0 pounds and 2 ounces on August 19 when I started taking this seriously again. I'm aiming for Y stone 7 pounds-ish. On Friday I weighed X stone 11 pounds and 2 ounces. Not exactly falling off me....
Planning more exercise, fewer carbs and a better outcome. Not had a HbA1c for about 18 months. Going to book one for 12 weeks time (if I go now it will be rubbish and I'll have to have a row with the GP about not wanting meds). If I up the amount I move and adjust the sugars my body has to cope with and lose weight and still have a poor HbA1c I won't argue about the meds.
Best wishes to my fellow runners and riders. See you on Friday.

Primmers, have you considered the value you would get from an HbA1c now?

I'm rather contrarian in this aspect as I'm a data monster. I like data point, I like to chart progress (whether forwards, backwards or static). That's how you know you're getting things right or wrong.

Our weight is important, I don't challenge that, but surely you are blinkering yourself to the most important factor of bloods?

As someone whose finger prick testing and HbA1cs never match, with the foregoing data (i.e. a benchmark HbA1c, benchmark finger prick numbers), I can make valid comparisons and judge where my lab tests are likely to be.

Provided you go with prep, if your HbA1c has gone "off" from your last test, then you can negotiate with your Doc, explaining the steps you are taking.

Without a benchmark, starter HbA1c, how will you know in 3 months time how well you've done. If it comes back at a number of "Last recorded HbA1c"+10 the conversation with your Doc will be about how your numbers have degraded, and you will have no solid argument to make about your last 3 months efforts.

In my experience GPs are only interesting in the HbA1c, so your argument of, "well my home testing shows...... " may just fall on deaf ears.

I would encourage you to have a lab test now, and use that as a springboard for your recovery.

Good luck with it all. Onward and downwards.

primmers

AndBreathe, I get what you're saying but I don't have a GP who would be open to a discussion. I have tried, one of the factors in my going so badly off piste is the antagonistic relationship I have with the GP. I work in health care myself and would expect to be disciplined if I was as rude to my clients as he is to me. One of my aims is to get an uncontentious HbA1c to start a relationship on a good footing at a new surgery...

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
From now on Weekly weigh in every Monday Morning
115.85 kg