Weight issues

Angelicus

Dislikes
People who like the sound of their own voice and think they know better than everyone else.
I'm somewhat overweight, by about 4st or more. My mum wants me to follow her weight watchers diet with her, but I'm unconvinced as to it's success. The other thing is, I've been using a pump for only 2 months. I'm still getting my head around carb counting and I feel that having to start counting points is going to prove too much.

But I'm desperate to lose weight. I rarely snack, I don't eat crisps or chocolate much. I don't even an aweful lot of carbs since my daily insulin requirements aren't that great and I still maintain a healthy BM most days. I've lost around 5lbs recently but I'm having trouble trying to shift anymore. I exercise when I can, but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice?

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I have seen the WW diet and it isn't a bad food plan so if you can get your head round the carbs you should be able to tweak it for yourself - or failing that get WW to help you :?: Their business is diets so they should be able to help if they are worth their salt!

Clearly trying to do something will help you AND keep your mum happy! :roll: :D

I have the opposite problem now and am more concerned to keep the weight on! I was happy enough to lose the small amount that I was originally carrying but now it is hard to stop more weight dropping off! :shock: :roll: I have to cut the carbs to keep my BG levels down but do NOT want to look like a stick insect!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its a hard life isnt it synonym I look like a stick insect with wrinkles :cry: Trying v hard to put weight on without putting bgs up. CAROL

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
It's fashionable to be a stick insect.
The best and healthiest way I know of gaining weight is resistance exeercise.
I wish it were a problem i had.
Hana

Synonym

Dislikes
hanadr said:
It's fashionable to be a stick insect.
The best and healthiest way I know of gaining weight is resistance exeercise.
I wish it were a problem i had.
Hana

If only we could share! :) They do say a problem shared is a problem halved!! :roll: :lol:

Synonym

Dislikes
carty said:
Its a hard life isnt it synonym I look like a stick insect with wrinkles :cry: Trying v hard to put weight on without putting bgs up. CAROL

I am VERY worried about the wrinkles! :shock: :lol:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So am I .I am considering a lorry load of polyfilla :lol: :lol: