Weight Loss and Diabetes

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
TYPE 2 DIABETIC.ON TABLET WANTS TO REDUCE MY WEIGHT AT LEAST 2 STONE
CURRENT WEIGHT 70 KG, HT 5 FEET.COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE MANU IF YOU CAN.
THANKS

Edited by mod to remove personal information
Hi @flora tina and welcome to the forum :) could you please give us a bit more detail of the menu you are looking for? Are you referring to the low carb programme?

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good afternoon all

i have been to my diabetic clinic on friday and was told i am now type 1 after years of being told i was type 2 then the past few years type 1.5. since 2022 i have put on 8kg in weight i have tried ww and sw but alas no success i lose a bit and put on more. im active due to my work and i cook my own foods where i can a rarely eat takeaways or ready meals. i just dont know what to do my last hba1c was 58 last year waiting on results for the recent one i am struggling to get my readings under control im either to high or running to low. i just dont know what to do anymore can someone please help. i am still trying sw but reducing my carbs down

Last edited:
Reactions: Prancy and filly

mouseee

good afternoon all

i have been to my diabetic clinic on friday and was told i am now type 1 after years of being told i was type 2 then the past few years type 1.5. since 2022 i have put on 8kg in weight i have tried ww and sw but alas no success i lose a bit and put on more. im active due to my work and i cook my own foods where i can a rarely eat takeaways or ready meals. i just dont know what to do my last hba1c was 58 last year waiting on results for the recent one i am struggling to get my readings under control im either to high or running to low. i just dont know what to do anymore can someone please help. i am still trying sw but reducing my carbs down
I have done both WW and SW in the past snd wouldn't touch either of them with a barge pole now I'm T2. I know SW better and they allowed large amounts of carbs in terms of pasta and rice but then wouldn't let you have potatoes or peas!
I can see why SW stopped working for me the second time I joined them as I was probably diabetic at the time and the 'free foods' I was eating were having adverse effects on my body.
When I went low carb I lost lots of weight which had slowly crept on again as I didn't sustain it. I'm hoping the same thing will happen again for me.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
good afternoon all

It’s good that you have a proper diagnosis. Can you meet with a certified diabetes educator or nurse to figure out your insulin needs? Were you prescribed insulin? If so, it’s crucial to know that so you can properly calculate your doses. Type 1.5 can be tricky.

I’ve been type 1 for many years and for most of my life have struggled with weight. Fortunately, I’ve normally kept to being thin to average in size, but a few years ago I gained quite a bit of weight. It was holding me back from living the life I want. I started out on my own plan, with calorie counting and exercise, but later consulted with my Endocrinologis’s nutritionist. She was quite helpful and her tips got me though some plateaus. I recently hit another plateau though. I have to shake things up again. My body is just very resistant to weight loss, so I have to stay proactive and switch things up to keep it going. I’ve lost almost 70 pounds as of yesterday. Still have a little more to lose.

Good luck moving forward. I’ll look forward to seeing your progress.

Reactions: filly