1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Weight Loss and Diabetes

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by sugarless sue, Sep 1, 2010.

1. glorybd5

glorybd5 Don't have diabetes · Newbie

Good one, my trolley seems to turn into the chocolate aisle instead of the fresh produce, the last few days I felt so proud....no rubbish!!!

#121 glorybd5, Mar 7, 2016 at 8:42 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  2. Schtompa

Schtompa Type 2 · Member

I was diagnosised with type 2 at the end of May and so far lost 10 kg. changed diet (semi LCHF) and started exercising a couple of days a week. Started really well but after 3 weeks my energy levels plummeted - absolutely shattered all the time, really short temper. Seem to have ridden that out and have some energy again. Hope to see the weight keep coming off. Although can't afford the new clothes!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. diabetic_volunteers

nice post Sue.. I have been through post titled cut back the calories under Weight Loss Strategies for Diabetics blog. Cutting calories too fast, as this could not only cause issues with blood sugars, but may cause the body to slow down the metabolism as well.
    You know.. this create lot of confusion.

4. willieandersen

willieandersen Don't have diabetes · Member

Diabetes and sudden weight loss. In people with diabetes, insufficient insulin prevents the body from getting glucose from the blood into the body's cells to use as energy. When this occurs, the body starts burning fat and muscle for energy, causing a reduction in overall body weight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shashank16997

shashank16997 · Newbie

Hey, if you want to lose weight in 7 days then try General Motor 7 day diet plan. It was very effective.

6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

I might have to copy and paste this to my weigh-in friday group for the new year encouragement?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Strachan1

Strachan1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What is Vivs modified Atkins diet?

• Like Like x 4
  8. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

9. Taffette

Taffette · Newbie

This a question not a reply How do I post a question and secondly has anyone with type 2 diabetes on a low carb = higher fat diet used the Fat binder XLS Medical ? Cheers.Thanks for bearing with...new here Kat

10. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Hello Kat - at the top of each section in the forum there is a thing to click on to start a new thread.
    Why would anyone using fat for fuel want to use a fat binder?
    It is just part of the old fat is bad thinking, which has not worked well.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook