Weight loss struggles.

chr1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I am a 20 year old student who was diagnosed at 17. I am really struggling with getting myself together recently after loosing nearly a stone and a half,I have now gained half a stone. I find myself binge eating after a day of dieting. Also I find it a struggle again testing sugars etc ... basically I just can't be bothered which I know is the worse attitude.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone could share some advice? Anyone in the same boat and fancy emailing eachother weekly trying to encourage eachother?

Many thanks :)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
if you are cutting down on food for the day you will be starving and binge, you may find it was the carbs calling you as well as insulin. The main thing is you don't miss your shots to lose weight by making yourself sick.
If you aren't happy and are upset, it will reflect how you look after yourself with your BG

cravings/binge urge
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.htm

there are a few T1 that have a LCHF diet here
low carb high fat, where you cut some carbs and make up the calories with fat [google eat fat lose weight]
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Reactions: 2 people

emamia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Heya I'm new to this group mine is controlled by diet I'm a yo yo dieter and would love someone to talk to in same boat :) x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I am a 20 year old student who was diagnosed at 17. I am really struggling with getting myself together recently after loosing nearly a stone and a half,I have now gained half a stone. I find myself binge eating after a day of dieting. Also I find it a struggle again testing sugars etc ... basically I just can't be bothered which I know is the worse attitude.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone could share some advice? Anyone in the same boat and fancy emailing eachother weekly trying to encourage eachother?

Many thanks :)
My advice is the same as Jacks, look into LCHF. It may help with both weight loss and control of bg. One word of warning first though, you need to keep monitoring your bg very closely and possibly do the switch to LCHF in steps. I assume you are type one and insulin dependant?

Dieting, as in eating less than you would like often causes people to binge every other day as hunger and satiety are ruled by hormones and I at least find it impossible to fight hormones. It is like saying you can control bg by will power. It just doesn't work that way. On LCHF your hormones are happy, you are happy and you will loose weight bar thyroid problems. I am sure you will find LCHF a successful way to weight loss.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heya I'm new to this group mine is controlled by diet I'm a yo yo dieter and would love someone to talk to in same boat :) x
welcome to the group
LCHF is more of a way of eating for life, than a diet. As you know by experience, yo yo is the outcome of most of the magazine diets and because the carbs are low, you don't get carb food cravings that put the weight on