Weight training and LCHF?

charlie000

Hi all

I've been doing LCHF for about a month and the results are phenomenal in terms of my glucose levels, how I feel (clear mind etc), as well as the scales.

I'd like to improve my fitness so I am considering weight / strength training.

What do you guys think of this?

I am doing interval training in the park (Couch to 5K) but in the gym I do weights.

Reactions: Rachox

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hi all

I've been doing LCHF for about a month and the results are phenomenal in terms of my glucose levels, how I feel (clear mind etc), as well as the scales.

I'd like to improve my fitness so I am considering weight / strength training.

What do you guys think of this?

I am doing interval training in the park (Couch to 5K) but in the gym I do weights.
I can say that I have been doing VERY well in my blood sugars and general fitness with keto/LCHF and strength training. With diet down you'll get a lot more benefits to your health adding this to your repertoire. @Mbaker is the go to about this honestly, he gave me some indispensable advice. Wishing you the best of luck as well!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of low carbers/keto eaters do weights.. most do it fasted. I'm afraid thats about the sum total of my knowledge because I'm a lazy git..
I did join a gym in a fit of energy after losing a lot of weight but the novelty lasted about 3 months and I gave myself a hernia on the leg press by being over enthusiastic...needless to say it took over 18 months to cancel the membership so maybe try a monthly rollover rather than annual membership for the first few months if you are thinking of joining a gym.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caeseji

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I can say that I have been doing VERY well in my blood sugars and general fitness with keto/LCHF and strength training. With diet down you'll get a lot more benefits to your health adding this to your repertoire. @Mbaker is the go to about this honestly, he gave me some indispensable advice. Wishing you the best of luck as well!
Kind words, just sign posting what the really smart ladies and gentlemen like Gabrielle Lyons, Ted Naimen, Shawn Baker, Zak Bitter et al freely give up. It makes so much sense, increase muscle surface area, suck in more glucose. Personally I have upped my resistance training, and when I do an fbg the next day, I am at worst on a 4.2, and if I went all out 3.8. It is extremely satisfying to know you are getting results.