Weightwatchers

Gmahelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm type 2 and have joined weightwatchers. I've experienced some lows and always feel hungry? Any body else tried this diet and do you have any tips? Thank you Helen

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have never tried Weight watchers but used to go to Slimming world. I ended up putting on weight, though it was before I was type 2, they encouraged to eat chips and potatoes, even bread and for me I have found they spike my levels very badly. I gave up because I thought why should I pay 5 pound a week to be weighed to put weight on.
Since then, I have done my own way of dieting and have lost 7 stone though I have put a half a stone on but that was my own fault. I go to my doctors surgery once a month to be weighed and that is free.

Gmahelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I tried slimming world and gained weight too. We'll done though on your weight loss. I'm being weighed tomorrow, fingers crossed x

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm type 2 and have joined weightwatchers. I've experienced some lows and always feel hungry? Any body else tried this diet and do you have any tips? Thank you Helen

Unless you find what is causing your insulin resistance, the diet you are told to eat will not loose you weight!
Eating a carb laden balanced diet if you are diabetic is not recommended by this forum.
Please read the low carb forum and the success stories thread.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. In my opinion many of these diet plans are there to make money and increasingly try to be all things to all people. If the WW food includes lots of carbs then many of us would advise thinking again. Although working with others at sessions to help diet is good, the diet advice on this website is the probably the best way forward and as @Bluetit1802 says, it's free (and low-carb)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight watchers was established for one reason...to make money for weight watchers. Calorie counting never worked for me whereas with LCHF I have lost 30% of my body weight and am stable hoping to lose some more in the coming year.
Check out the success stories section on this forum to see the wonders it can do.
Good luck.

Reactions: dbr10

Libby1726

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I have been going to we since August. I have lost 25lbs. I am type1 have been for 54 years. I am on no count eat very low carb. Feel great. Work the diet out for you. The forum is my saviour. Sorry guys for going over to the dark side!!