WELTS FROM MEDTRONIC INFUSION SETS

SALDEN

I have had Type I for 37 years (age 15) now i'm 51. I'm in good shape, try to do well. Recently, I switched from daily injections to using the Medtronic Insulin Pump. But, I have an issue with the infusion sets. I have tried the MIO, Silhouettes, Quick Sets, and now the Sure-T. I also use the wireless blood sugar sensor. The only infusion set that seems to give me least amount of welts/pain in the infusion site is the Sure-T, but I still get bruising, and welts that fill with insulin. I cannot keep the infusion set on any longer than 2 days still resulting with a welt. It seems that I am having a reaction to the conula's. The Sure-T is actually a stainless steel needle in the body without a conula. However, the blood glucose wireless sensor has a conula, a rather long one, and I get absolutely no reaction. I have been on the phone with Medtronic for the past 5 months, and they have no idea what the issue is. I have tried the Baird wipes, but no help. It is like the infusion site gets filled with insulin and forms a welt, decreasing in time, the amount of insulin actually going into my body. I am so frustrated and in pain, anyone out there experience this? Thanks. Denise from San Francisco, CA.

SALDEN

Thanks. I will definitely research your suggestion. I have not found anyone with these types of issues, very frustrating. Thanks again. I am writing from San Francisco, but my parents are from England, and also my sister. We only have our family and siblings in this country, so I thought I would feel at home with this forum. :wink: Denise