Went off Plan and now Stalled

Brittruss80

Hello! I have been living a Keto lifesyle now for a little over 3 months. I am down around 30 pounds. Around two weeks ago I had a weekend semi off plan and ate a couple higher carb meals. As expected I gained a couple pounds and got right back on track. Its been two weeks and I am Stalled in my weightloss. Have others had this experience? How long can I expect this to last?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read somewhere that ‘it ain’t a stall till its longer than 6 weeks’.
No idea if your stall will last that long, but weight loss is never linear.
Stick with it, no matter how frustrating it is. :)

and how are your blood glucose readings? My view is that they are MUCH more important than losing pounds, although weight loss is good if that is something something you want too. :D

Brittruss80

I read somewhere that ‘it ain’t a stall till its longer than 6 weeks’.
No idea if your stall will last that long, but weight loss is never linear.
Stick with it, no matter how frustrating it is. :)

and how are your blood glucose readings? My view is that they are MUCH more important than losing pounds, although weight loss is good if that is something something you want too. :D

This is a very good reminder. My first goal is to continue to have lower A1C Numbers....Health, longevity etc. I appreciate the refocus. I am not testing my blood sugar regularly at this time. Mostly every 3 month AlC.

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take heart and consider the bigger picture....

I have a weight loss app for my Bluetooth scales, and it gives me a nice graph to peruse when I weigh in each week. I was rather miffed that I had seen no decrease for a couple of weeks, although last week I seemed to be back on track for no discernible reason. However when I looked at the graphical trend, I could see I was actually still ahead of the curve.

What had happened was, I happened to lose a rather more than usual for a couple of weeks prior to the little stall - it was the start of lockdown and I was particularly gung-ho on the IF for a week or two, which had skewed the trend (and my expectations). In fact the long-term graph shows a remarkably consistent march downwards and my latest result was still a little in advance of the trend.

Does a bit of “extra” weight loss for a week or two mean that a body wants a bit of time to catch up with itself? Is it just one of those deeply arcane mysteries of the keto gods? No idea. But the graph-y realisation cheered me right up!

oh, and edited to add, I definitely find that increasing the number of days I do OMAD, and stringing the days consecutively, helps me out of a sticky phase.

Reactions: Brittruss80

NéjiSaïdi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fake knowledge
Hello! I have been living a Keto lifesyle now for a little over 3 months. I am down around 30 pounds. Around two weeks ago I had a weekend semi off plan and ate a couple higher carb meals. As expected I gained a couple pounds and got right back on track. Its been two weeks and I am Stalled in my weightloss. Have others had this experience? How long can I expect this to last?
If I were you, I wouldn't worry to much about stalled weight loss. I would keep a wary eye on my numbers (BG, hba1c, TG, etc).