Went to Doctors today !!!

Daz

Yes as the title suggests I went to the Dr's to tell him how I'm getting on with the Humalog50, and due to having to wait over 2 weeks to see him (he was on holiday & long waiting list cos of this) I ran out of the Humalog50 and had to revert back to my old Lantus/Humalog regime.

To be honest, when i was using Humalog50 I was taking 60 units in the morning and having a breakfast and lunch and at about 6pm my blood was between 15-20mmol then I would take 40 units, have some dinner and test blood before bed (usually midnight) and have a reading under 10mmol (which is good for me) then wake up with it being 15-20mmol again !!!

Since reverting back to Lantus/Humalog & eating fairly low carb my sugars have been below 10mmol virtually all the time !!! (which isnt ideal, but is excellent for me)

so Ive garenteed that my next Hba1c (end of November) will be lower than my last one of 12.something :oops:

The Dr also thinks that I have developed Insulin resistance and says that maybe after my next
Hba1c if things havent improved then he is going to think about Metaformin.

so thats the state of play so far !!!

Trinkwasser

Sorry I don't quite understand this, are you saying you were on basal/bolus and your doctor took you off and put you on mix? Why???

Daz

As i've said in my induction post, I have a terrible habit of only taking insulin in a morning and before bed and either forgeting my pen or just plain forgetting to take insulin with meals during the day, as a result my hba1c have been shocking with my last 12 and one before that 16 !!!!

So after a chat with my Dr, he suggested reverting back to 2 mix injections a day (do you get me now?) :oops:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Oh Dear! i sympathise with your doctor. He must geet frustrated with you. Those numbers are scary!
How often do you test?

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hello Daz,

If Lantus/Humalog and low-carbing is giving you better results then forget the Humalog50.
You'll just have to start remembering that you're a diabetic at meal times.

Regards,
timo.

Daz

I have finally woken up and smelled the coffee so to speak, ever since I lost my job as a wetherspoons manager and am currently on incapacity benefit (£63.50 a week) because of very painful diabetic neropathy in my feet and I have even had to move back in with my folks and hand my car back as I cannot afford these in my current situation.

Joining this forum and having alot of time on my hands now has helped me to focus on my control and I am now regularly showing blood readings in single numbers :D

As you say Eddie, hopefully I can now reverse some of my complications and get my life back together and build my career up again !!!

thankyou all for your support