Were you given Antibiotics prior to your health problems?

Were you given antibiotics prior to weight issues, health problems, etc. ?

• As a Child?

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • As a Teenager?

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • As an Adult?

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Have you experienced weight gain issues?

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Have you experienced weight loss issues?

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Do you, or have you experienced other health problems?

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Do you have T1 Diabetes?

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Or T2?

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Do you have Candida or other fungal infections or issues?

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

Useless Pretty Boy

ShyGirl said:
Celtic.Piskie said:
Diptheria
Hib Disease
Malaria
Measles
Pertussis
Pneumococcus
Polio
Tetanus
Typhoid
Yellow Fever
Tuberculosis
Post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV
Bubonic Plague
Rabies

To be fair that's hardly a huge list. They can't even cure the FLU or IBS.Post-exposure prophylaxis treatment in HIV cases hasn't always worked but I guess other reasons could be cited.
And i'm sure I read that new strains of TB are incurable. I know there's no such things as miracles , but seeing as we can send man to the moon (if you believe man has walked on the moon) it's disappointing that we still have so many incurable diseases.
Well actually, in proper fairness, they need to concentrate on the deadly ones first. And those are the deadly ones. IBS isn't going to kill anyone. It might be embarrassing and annoying, but let's get things like cancer and AIDS out of the way first, before starting on more cosmetic problems.

My fiancee contracted TB as a baby. There was a time, not very long ago, when she wouldn't have survived... and my life would be immeasurably worse. So "BIG UP" to the scientists researching and curing deadly diseases. They deserve huge thanks and respect.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
OK Folks.

Can we cut out the personal insults and offensive remarks ?

This is not tolerated on this forum and repeated transgressions will result in edited posts, warnings and/or suspension at the very least. Please conduct your conversations on here in the way you would talk if you were face to face.

Everybody has different opinions and that should be respected.

Spiral

I'd say clean drinking water and decent sanitation has probably saved more lives than anything else. Although sewage isn't quite as glamourous as medicine...

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Not often that I post but here goes. I have T2 diabetes and have had it for about 11 years. I don't know why I got it and, to be quite candid, I don't really care. My job is to accept that situation and ensure that I live the best and longest life I can. I am not interested in having an HbA1c that is less than a person without diabetes. I want as ordinary a life that I can commensurate with a freedom from diabetic complications - and none yet. I also have Parkinson's Disease. Again, I am not bothered how I got it. That, like my diabetes, is for the scientists of various disciplines to work out. I need to make sure that I care for myself so as to not exacerbate my symptoms and use medication, where appropriate, to control my symptoms. I don't know that I have any allergies except for tetanus vaccine (sadly I am not very fashionable in that respect). I also have a sister-in-law who has breast and lymphatic cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy which will continue in different forms for 5 years. That may or may not work and may or may not cause her other problems but, if successful, we will be able to continue to have our hilarious, outrageously un-pc telephone conversations, laughing about our respective situations (I remember that it was she that pointed out the silver lining of my Parkinson's hand tremor - I could always get a job as a cocktail waiter!!!!). Strangely, she is not bothered how she got her cancer, she just wants to live - as do I.

Regards

Doug

IanS

Useless Pretty Boy said:
My fiancee contracted TB as a baby. There was a time, not very long ago, when she wouldn't have survived... and my life would be immeasurably worse. So "BIG UP" to the scientists researching and curing deadly diseases. They deserve huge thanks and respect.

I too contracted TB when I was 3 years old and was not expected to survive. However it seems my survival was more due to my own body fighting off the disease than anything given by the doctors at the time (1955).

I was also saved from an aircraft that flew into a mountain while returning from a booked holiday because I had to cancel the holiday due to redundancy. So is someone watching over me?

IanS