What a great week

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Last week I was at a residential study week at a college in SE London (WBC). Whilst admitting that the food, at times, could have done with a little more thought, on the whole it was good.
What was surprising was the attitude of my study colleagues. We were in sessions or groups all week and when I asked it if was OK to inject or test BGs the only comment I received was," no problem, is there anything we can do to help.? Just let us know." What a change from the oft heard comment on here about similar situations.

Reactions: 12 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most people are ok, you only hear about the tossers here

yes23

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all ,I am diagnosis with diabetes three months ago. At that time my BG level was 23.6 and my Gp told me I am T1 however .he said "instead injection we will start with 80g glzd after one week I stop taking the tablet b/c the BG going down to 7-12. And then Gp told me I am not T1 and then I start taking the metaform 850g after one month I stopped taking any medication but my BG level is 4.7-6.7 and I am eating sandush on my lunch breakfast and salad chicken beef . I don't know what to say .am I real diabetic or not.

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would say ..You're a diet controled T2 diabetic
or a T1 on a really good honeymoon period
They can do bloods to tell which type you are

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
TBH I've never received any negative comments when injecting or testing but have had some people stare, which you would expect from time-to-time as people will be curious as to what you are doing.

Pleased the course went well Alan:)

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good to hear Alan, I've never had any issues from either clients or colleagues. One or two odd looks in an airline lounge but never any hostility.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
It's nice to hear the positive responses as most of us are letting of steam about some prat we've been forced to encounter. I am a secondary school teacher and it's from colleagues not kids where I have problems, usually about my LCHF diet.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
SO NICE TO READ THIS ON A WET AND STROMY AUGTUST SUNDAY MORNINGo_O , LOVELY ALAN.:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only real weirdness I've experienced, is the "over interest" from some of the "Goth chick" "Emo" type that can have other dark ideas on all the impalement & blood letting with my daily routine... What ever gets em through the day I suppose..?!!

Reactions: 4 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Hi all ,I am diagnosis with diabetes three months ago. At that time my BG level was 23.6 and my Gp told me I am T1 however .he said "instead injection we will start with 80g glzd after one week I stop taking the tablet b/c the BG going down to 7-12. And then Gp told me I am not T1 and then I start taking the metaform 850g after one month I stopped taking any medication but my BG level is 4.7-6.7 and I am eating sandush on my lunch breakfast and salad chicken beef . I don't know what to say .am I real diabetic or not.

You're doing really well, keep it up!