What are some good diabetic eating places in London?

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
as well as in your town and UK & abroad...

not what they say but, your experience counts!

* OP's note; any restaurant and such that is truly diabetes friendly and has a significant availability of choices for individuals with the condition of diabetes of any type and with the need of any dietary requirement in relation with their diabetes and preferences, and that those who are sincerely customer oriented.

The one's which will be happily visited again without any hesitation from the diabetics points of view.

Struggling with waiting staff for the orders is an issue for me and that I am just curious to know...

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

as well as in your town and UK & abroad...

not what they say but, your experience counts!
Can you clarify what you mean?
Are you after restaurants that provide low carb meals, restaurants that help with carb counting, restaurants that don't complain if you inject at the table (not that I have come across one that has), ...
I don't know what makes an eating place a "good diabetic eating place".

Since being diagnosed with type 1, my dining out habits have not changed because of my diabetes: just because I have found new exciting foods to try.

Reactions: Guzzler

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't it subjective? I don't think there's such a place - or everywhere and nowhere depending on the individual

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In principle there isn't really such a place. You should target foods that are lower in carbs and those that haven't gone the low-fat route. So, avoid too much pasta, potatoes, carby desserts and so on. Beware added-sugar sauces as in Chinese and Indian foods.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's got to be a steakhouse! Have some low carb veg & mushrooms and Bob's your Uncle.

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
In principle there isn't really such a place. You should target foods that are lower in carbs and those that haven't gone the low-fat route. So, avoid too much pasta, potatoes, carby desserts and so on. Beware added-sugar sauces as in Chinese and Indian foods.

That's what I thought so as well. Before posting the question, I did make my homework through google and there is nothing. No restaurants for such a demanding need. Nobody came with a name in the forum too. It seems that there is no such place in anywhere around the world yet. Wouldn't it be nice that there are such places in each and every country where a person with diabetes could go and enjoy with peace of mind than carrying food with, everywhere he travels, like me :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That's what I thought so as well. Before posting the question, I did make my homework through google and there is nothing. No restaurants for such a demanding need. Nobody came with a name in the forum too. It seems that there is no such place in anywhere around the world yet. Wouldn't it be nice that there are such places in each and every country where a person with diabetes could go and enjoy with peace of mind than carrying food with, everywhere he travels, like me :)

I beleive that there are cities in Australia which have seen a growing trend for low carb restaurants.

Reactions: luv2spin

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I beleive that there are cities in Australia which have seen a growing trend for low carb restaurants.

This is interesting to know. Need to dig the google more I guess. Good piece of information. Thank you so much.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm not sure it is a demanding need is it? As a diet controlled T2, I just choose low carb items from the menu. When I have asked for strawberries as a dessert it has never been a problem - but that's not necessarily a 'diabetic need' is it?

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
@archersuz

Both yes and no. Diabetes is a very individual disease. Each individuals needs are as different as finger prints. No body is same as the other one. While some are able to go to a nice and regular restaurant at lunch time and to choose low carb items and have them in accordance with their estimated portions, there are those and I am one of them that I will have to have the main snack of lunch at exactly 12.30, with the right combination of items, quality (carbs, protein, fats, vegetables, GI, GL, freshness, naturality etc. etc. etc), at exactly the correct amounts of weight, cooked in the correct way and so on. And then again, where as one can have strawberries as dessert, I can not have them at lunch but, only as an afternoon snack at exacty 3 o'clock and not the red one's but, small and greenish one's, only together with an exactly 120 ml. 1/2 fat cold goat's milk, or half fat yoghourt drink made out of real home made greek yoghourt which is prepared with real and organic fresh milk or full fat kephir/búlgaros drink and this is my dilenma :)

Last edited: