What are you doing now and humorous banter.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning, up at 5.30 am which seems to be the norm these days, mug of tea then will get dressed get breakfast and out to do the shopping ...sighs I should be on my holidays up bonny Scotland now but cos of the house move not gone arghhhhhh

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all. Got back to the UK yesterday and am already missing an hour. I was awarded an hour last week on the plane over to France but it didn’t suite. Oh well.
I have to wake Mrs Miggins in a while (long sharp stick at the ready) as we are taking the grandchildren into Birmingham city centre on the .
Have a great day everyone if you can. :)

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another day of changing my name....including the bank where I changed it the other day.....received my new cheque books in the post...(yes, on the rare occasion I do need to write a cheque!) ....only to find them addressed in my new married name and printed throughout the chequebook in my old name...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

....also a couple of visits to other places which require to see my original marriage certificate to have proof that I have married...hopefully will tick a few more off my list before I need to send it off to DVLA for new driving licence...

...hope everyone has a good day...:)

Derbyshire Boy

On something of a downer at the moment. Personal news-wise, it's been a ****** week so far.

A couple of days ago, I heard that the guy who bought my old house eight and half years ago has passed away. While not exactly a friend as such, I did know him a little more than your average anonymous house buyer who comes along. He lived four doors down from me and after he bought my house, he told me he'd lusted after my house for years, so when it came on the market, he saw his chance and pounced!. Plus, he was originally married to my second cousin, also our twins were friendly with his slightly younger daughter too, when they were kids. A nice guy anyway, only 53. Dear god... :(

...and then late last night, I found out that my oldest nephew and his wife are splitting up. They've been married just four years and I think I'm right in saying he's not quite 30 yet. :(

They say these things come in threes. I'm not holding my breath waiting for the third 'event' to come along...

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Rough @Derbyshire Boy, it’s like life sometimes hits a quagmire and in we fall. Hope this is an aberration and stops short of three. 53’s far too young, and sad about the recent weds.

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hope you’re soon finished with all the happy beaurocracy Molly!

Reactions: Cumberland

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
While some of you may be thinking of lunch, I've just had breakfast. Blackberries, raspberries and a serving of fat free greek yogurt. Yummy.

Today the sun has made a re-apperance so I've got the washing machine on in anticipation it may dry on the line.

@Derbyshire Boy sorry to hear your news and hoping there isnt a three part to it

Today consists of food shopping and the arrival of the daughter and 2 granddaughters for tea. I have that strange Dumbo type thing to give to Hayleigh and as she's stopping overnight I'm sure it will go on her bed.

That's all folks, off to check see if I've won the lottery

Derbyshire Boy

On a more positive note, my daughter & son-in-law are coming down from Coventry to visit us in sunny Devon, for a couple of days next week.

Although we have been up there a few times, it will be the first time for three years they've actually been down here. Neither of them drive and both are teachers, which hasn't helped.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
On something of a downer at the moment. Personal news-wise, it's been a ****** week so far.

A couple of days ago, I heard that the guy who bought my old house eight and half years ago has passed away. While not exactly a friend as such, I did know him a little more than your average anonymous house buyer who comes along. He lived four doors down from me and after he bought my house, he told me he'd lusted after my house for years, so when it came on the market, he saw his chance and pounced!. Plus, he was originally married to my second cousin, also our twins were friendly with his slightly younger daughter too, when they were kids. A nice guy anyway, only 53. Dear god... :(

...and then late last night, I found out that my oldest nephew and his wife are splitting up. They've been married just four years and I think I'm right in saying he's not quite 30 yet. :(

They say these things come in threes. I'm not holding my breath waiting for the third 'event' to come along...

53 oh crumbs poor man that’s too young to leave the world

I hope your nephew and his wife can split up amicably - are any children involved? Stress for them both to come