What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I have had my meeting with the Trust and have decided to apply for ill health retirement

My boss (Matron) was so supportive and praised the standard of my work and I’m glad HR took notice of her, Occ Health Doctor very understanding saying he would offer his full support as he is aware of all my conditions

So the process has started

Mixed feelings after the meeting and also right now a little bit sad

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have had my meeting with the Trust and have decided to apply for ill health retirement

My boss (Matron) was so supportive and praised the standard of my work and I’m glad HR took notice of her, Occ Health Doctor very understanding saying he would offer his full support as he is aware of all my conditions

@Cumberland .....sorry to hear that and can understand the mixed feelings....

....on a positive note, think of all the things you can now do now that you have the time to do them....:)

....sending hugs....

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

It’s a big watershed in your life, Cumbs, so it’s not surprising that you’re sad, but how good to be sad that you’re going to retire rather than relieved that you’re getting the heck out! It’s a shame that the NHS will be losing a lovely person.
Like Molly says, think of all the things you can do now .... It may take a little while to adjust to being ‘free’ but once you have you’re in one of the loveliest regions of the U.K. to enjoy it.
Time to have a frog farm; read all those books that are waiting for you start doing something new now that it won’t be interrupted by shifts; catch up with lots of old friends? One of the first things I did was join a pottery group, that was six years ago now and it’s still the highlight of the week. Lots of monstrosities were discarded to start with, or hidden in the undergrowth, but we can now eat from plates I’m proud of, plants grow in outdoor pots, a group of babushkas and their men adorn a shelf (the things they carry on their backs are a feminist message), the pond is guarded by androstyle figures with birds on their heads, and the best thing of all is the group of friends who share making with good chat and lots of laughter. You’ll find your happy!

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hope you’re soon finished with all the happy beaurocracy Molly!
@Fairygodmother ....working through them one by one.........got to a tricky one....car insurance is due at end of month....can’t change name on car insurance until changed with DVLA....DVLA want proof of identity...this requires passport number....passport currently being processed and due back by 2nd week of August....

...conclusion(so far)....apply for insurance in old name (otherwise I won’t exist on system)....then change name next month sometime when licence back and hope not charged admin fee for privilege (phone call to one I was interested in said they would put note on file not to charge)....

...is one of those old chicken and egg scenarios....:chicken:....hoping others left to do will be more straightforward....

Update: ....cheque book issue resolved at bank today.......awaiting new chequebook to write cheque to DVLA (to update photo:snaphappy:)......:banghead:

What fun....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Aw hugs cumbs once you get used to your decision you will realise you made the best one for youself maybe get à little part time job doing something completely different ....ot just relax as the worlds your oyster as they say

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It’s a nightmare, Molly, makes Kafka look like a walk in the park!

Reactions: Cumberland

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sorry you are having a tough time. I had to retire early through ill health, too, @Cumberland . Felt dreadful at the time, but without the distraction of work hopefully you will be able to devote time to getting as healthy as you can. Enjoy the summer, and hibernate on those cold dark winter mornings. Or at least smile when you hear the sound of neighbours going on their journey to work.
Oh and you will soon wonder how you found the time to go to work.

Derbyshire Boy

I understand that you have mixed feelings, but trust me, you will enjoy it once you're retired.

Last year, someone asked me if I missed working for the NHS. I replied - sarcastically - along the lines of "Yes, I really miss prima donna consultants and poor harassed, over worked registrars, stroppy and often not very bright patient relatives, patients being sick on me and on occasions, puking into my white coat pocket. I really miss career managers, who are straight from Uni, who don't have a clue about what actually working with real people entails or bean-counting accountants who know the price of everything and the value of nothing". Oh yes, I certainly miss all that...!"

You'll find a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. Honestly mate.
:)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Mrs Molly
Fairygodmother
Karen
Pipp
Derbyshireboy

Thanks very much for all your posts very kind of you to respond

Since the meeting I have felt a bit zombiefied a feeling I can hardly explain

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good morning all last day in work for a fortnight have a great day everyone
Good morning @karen8967 ......having to keep reminding myself that I have work today....Tuesday gardening group day in lieu of last Tuesday I had off / in my interest to do as being self employed I can only invoice for days I do / no holiday pay....so coffee at eleven for those that are interested....

....bonus today is that @Clivethedrive is at home and not working so am taking him with me....:)

@karen8967 ....hope your day goes swiftly and have a great two weeks off....sending best wishes to the happy couple and hope you all have a wonderful day like we did....:joyful:

Hope everyone else has a great day today whatever you are doing....:)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm wondering if I should bolus, now 8.8 was 7.6 when I got up. No food