What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Some like it hot - I do - and add a jalapeño or two, but last night I was too busy dancing around celebrating good results to remember. May add a couple to the leftovers lunchtime fajita which I’ll eat in the garden, watching the newts and tadpoles, while him indoors is out following a little white ball across a windy landscape and bothering some squirrels and bunnies.

We used to have frogs at our old house and I loved watching them
Some of them got used to me and I would hunt for slugs stick one on the end of a cane and drop it off close to the pond and the frogs would move into position for their snack one of them was so used to me that it would look at the cane being lowered and would take the slug off the end of the cane before I’d put it down on the ground

We moved in 2016 and now only have a tiny garden and no pond

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Some like it hot - I do - and add a jalapeño or two, but last night I was too busy dancing around celebrating good results to remember. May add a couple to the leftovers lunchtime fajita which I’ll eat in the garden, watching the newts and tadpoles, while him indoors is out following a little white ball across a windy landscape and bothering some squirrels and bunnies.

Enjoy your afternoon

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Been to dentist and now I’m in the doctors waiting room

It’s all go today

Reactions: dunelm

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you on the DAFNE course?
yes it was my last appointment today to be honest i have learnt a few things but most of it i knew .it was over a 4 week period each time i spent 20 /30 minutes with dietician and the same with the nurse from what i gather others who have been on the course have been to a group sessions which i would of preferred:)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
We used to have frogs at our old house and I loved watching them
Some of them got used to me and I would hunt for slugs stick one on the end of a cane and drop it off close to the pond and the frogs would move into position for their snack one of them was so used to me that it would look at the cane being lowered and would take the slug off the end of the cane before I’d put it down on the ground

We moved in 2016 and now only have a tiny garden and no pond

Ooooo I must try that, watch out slugs.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
yes it was my last appointment today to be honest i have learnt a few things but most of it i knew .it was over a 4 week period each time i spent 20 /30 minutes with dietician and the same with the nurse from what i gather others who have been on the course have been to a group sessions which i would of preferred:)

I went on a group session lasted mon- fri

Some new stuff I learned about driving and DVLA

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I went to group sessions, each one of them from 10 - 3 and it was great meeting others with T1D. We had time for sharing experiences and progress as well as chat over lunch. I missed it when it was finished. I think I learned a lot as things had changed enormously since I was diagnosed back in 1969.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to group sessions, each one of them from 10 - 3 and it was great meeting others with T1D. We had time for sharing experiences and progress as well as chat over lunch. I missed it when it was finished. I think I learned a lot as things had changed enormously since I was diagnosed back in 1969.
i feel as if ive missed out now :bigtears::bigtears:only messing but im a very sociable person:shy:an can can talk for england ....maybe thats why they sent me on a one to one :hilarious::hilarious:;)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Been to dentist and now I’m in the doctors waiting room

It’s all go today

Men’s sauna in gob sano -that’s bad Latin mixed with predict text. It’s meant to be a healthy gob in a healthy body. However, I couldn’t have made it up so I’ll let it stand, I mean I’ll leave it. Now!

Reactions: Cumberland

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well its halfway through the afternoon and still a few things to do.
Amongst fascinating inter web research into a bewildering number of topics I did manage to do 10 minutes HITT exercises followed by a brisk 3 miles into town and back for some bits and bobs (can’t have too many bits, bobs not so much).
Had a sauna and even managed to get dressed without supervision.

Not had anything to eat yet and just deciding what we will have tonight; egg and avocado salad or thick chicken soup.
That big yellow ball is still up there trying its best.

Last edited: