What are you doing now and humorous banter.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all. Mrs Miggins is getting ready to go out for the day so will scurry about looking busy and then slob after the car gets to the end of the street :)

Hope you all manage to have a good day and we await, with breath bated, the reports from @alf_Josiah about how he was chucked out of the diabetic clinic this time. :woot:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning one and all. Mrs Miggins is getting ready to go out for the day so will scurry about looking busy and then slob after the car gets to the end of the street :)

Hope you all manage to have a good day and we await, with breath bated, the reports from @alf_Josiah about how he was chucked out of the diabetic clinic this time. :woot:
Morning dunelm

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m reading a book called The Tudor Kings and Queens The Dynasty That Forged a Nation

Tudors are my favourite period of history

Are you into history?

Yes definately but I'm sort of trying to venture into books about European kings and queens but our library is very limited. Most the fiction I read is historically based. Love the Plantagenets, Tudors, Stuarts.

And yet in history at school I did very poorly as I rebelled. I wanted to do the 2 world wars and medicine through the ages like other years did and instead got the industrial revolution and the agricultural revolution. And my project was deemed too technical as I based it around the history of aviation.

I got my own back hee hee - I answered every question on one paper 'William Shakespeare'

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it's cloudy and feels cold. I guess I should dry my hair before I catch a cold.

Have no idea what to do today apart from go for a walk (if it stays dry).

Supposed to meet a friend tonight but it all depends on if her 10 year old son lets her out. He's a little darling.

Have a good day all

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Yes definately but I'm sort of trying to venture into books about European kings and queens but our library is very limited. Most the fiction I read is historically based. Love the Plantagenets, Tudors, Stuarts.

And yet in history at school I did very poorly as I rebelled. I wanted to do the 2 world wars and medicine through the ages like other years did and instead got the industrial revolution and the agricultural revolution. And my project was deemed too technical as I based it around the history of aviation.

I got my own back hee hee - I answered every question on one paper 'William Shakespeare'

Hi @wolfie11969

I like the Plantagenets and Stuart’s too

I was very good at history at school my favourite subject

I think if I could go back in time I would like to be a courtier at Elizabeth I court.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

Loved the Mrs Miggins bit.

Waiting wif bad breath...... I didn't get chucked out ( this time ) blood pressure through the roof again, A1c or whatever was 70. Now I take a shed load of anti rejection pills which affect my readings. The good thing is the diabetic consultant is now deferring to the liver consultant.

@dunelm this going to cost you a koffy.

Hand Foot and ear note. Not allowed to go low carb route and also fasting route. It would cause severe problems with the balance of the anti rejection drugs. Had the nurses and receptionists chuckeling away. They think I'm mad.......

Many thanks to all for your ongoing support and patience. xxx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Loved the Mrs Miggins bit.

Waiting wif bad breath...... I didn't get chucked out ( this time ) blood pressure through the roof again, A1c or whatever was 70. Now I take a shed load of anti rejection pills which affect my readings. The good thing is the diabetic consultant is now deferring to the liver consultant.

@dunelm this going to cost you a koffy.

Hand Foot and ear note. Not allowed to go low carb route and also fasting route. It would cause severe problems with the balance of the anti rejection drugs. Had the nurses and receptionists chuckeling away. They think I'm mad.......

Many thanks to all for your ongoing support and patience. xxx
alf what do you mean when you say the nurses and receptionists think your mad is it cos they dont know you to know you really are mad :hilarious::hilarious:jokes apart i hope everthing with liver consultant goes well xx

Reactions: Cumberland

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Off to catch the train back to the wet and windy South East.
Daughter’s dog threw up on last night - the cause: she’d eaten a sock.
Why did your daughter eat a sock? And was it one that had been worn? Perhaps that is why she was sick? Would have been ok if it was a clean one.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
alf what do you mean when you say the nurses and receptionists think your mad is it cos they dont know you to know you really are mad :hilarious::hilarious:jokes apart i hope everthing with liver consultant goes well xx

Thanks, I'm not mad really I just exist in different dimensions, but as that's a big word that I can't spell. It's easier to spell mad, mad I tell you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This afternoon, after school, Mr Pickle and I were given the opportunity to look round the train section of a toy auction house to see what’s being bundled up for the next train auction on 18th May.
I say Mr Pickle and I, but I’m merely the driver and I suspect first in line as prospective future bidder.
So many toys under one huge roof and mind boggling what some folk will part money for.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Why did your daughter eat a sock? And was it one that had been worn? Perhaps that is why she was sick? Would have been ok if it was a clean one.

My bad grammar, again. Wondered if anyone would notice. My daughter would only eat a sock if it were made of chocolate. The dog’s a renowned sock-eater (no lotuses in the Midlands) and has even taken a sock off a neighbour’s foot and yes, reader, she ate it!

Reactions: Cumberland

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My bad grammar, again. Wondered if anyone would notice. My daughter would only eat a sock if it were made of chocolate. The dog’s a renowned sock-eater (no lotuses in the Midlands) and has even taken a sock off a neighbour’s foot and yes, reader, she ate it!
It was mean of me, but couldn't resist. Sorry. ;)
How can you stop the dog eating socks? That could clog up her innards if you didn't notice she had eaten them. Could lead to very expensive vet bills.