What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Derbyshire Boy

Mrs Molly
Fairygodmother
Karen
Pipp
Derbyshireboy

Thanks very much for all your posts very kind of you to respond

Since the meeting I have felt a bit zombiefied a feeling I can hardly explain

Mind you, one thing you will find when you do retire (and it's a down side...!) is that those Bank Holidays you always looked forward to so much? They just become like any other day.
:shifty:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mind you, one thing you will find when you do retire (and it's a down side...!) is that those Bank Holidays you always looked forward to so much? They just become like any other day.

A more crowded other day when it’s best to avoid lunch by the sea, walks in the woods, trips to town, driving anywhere . . . but then there are all the real other days for that

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

I worked 12 hour shift Christmas Day and Boxing Day so won’t miss working those

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Chilled out gardening session today....pruning overgrown rosemary bushes....
...time for coffee break....:)

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning @karen8967 ......having to keep reminding myself that I have work today....Tuesday gardening group day in lieu of last Tuesday I had off / in my interest to do as being self employed I can only invoice for days I do / no holiday pay....so coffee at eleven for those that are interested....

....bonus today is that @Clivethedrive is at home and not working so am taking him with me....:)

@karen8967 ....hope your day goes swiftly and have a great two weeks off....sending best wishes to the happy couple and hope you all have a wonderful day like we did....:joyful:

Hope everyone else has a great day today whatever you are doing....:)
Thanks molly half an hour to go only in till 12

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
A few spots of rain here too, bated breath: need more! Trying to remember the last time we had a bit of the wet stuff - oh hang on, it was back in mid June and it was torrential then.

Reactions: Cumberland

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had my meeting with the Trust and have decided to apply for ill health retirement

My boss (Matron) was so supportive and praised the standard of my work and I’m glad HR took notice of her, Occ Health Doctor very understanding saying he would offer his full support as he is aware of all my conditions

So the process has started

Mixed feelings after the meeting and also right now a little bit sad

Hi @Cumberland

Retirement is fun, no alarm clocks, no people looking over your shoulder, no rushed lunches because you have a deadline to meet. And all that holiday time to do what you wish. And if you're still missing work after 6 months then I'd suggest you look into giving your services as a volunteer just to mix with people again and to feel valued.

I love being at home and I do wonder where I found the time to go to work too. Now I spend my time reading, and shopping hee hee. Oh and the beauty salon to be titivated.

Enjoy it

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've been up and out, taken the stepson to the train station.

His mother phoned him at 11.30 'where are you? I'm at the station waiting'
'Mom I'm getting the train from here at 11.30'
'Oh I'll wait then'

Woman definately has no brains. The past few times he has got the same train so why would today be any different?

I'm not doing a fat lot today. I cant be bothered. I have washing to sort and put away and a small amount of ironing to do. Other than that I'm going to finish my book, play my online game and have a shower cus hubby taking me out for food tonight. We're off to a local Indian restaurant and I will be having curried seabass with new potatoes and spinach, yummy.

Enjoy your day